Call for Special Sub-Topic:
Blockchain and Semantics
16th International Conference on Semantic Systems
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Deadline Extension: Important Dates
- Abstract Submission Deadline: April 18, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- New Abstract Submission Deadline: April 25, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- Paper Submission Deadline: April 25, 2020 (11:59 pm,Hawaii time)
- New Paper Submission Deadline: May 8, 2020 (11:59 pm,Hawaii time)
- Notification of Acceptance: June 08, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- New Notification of Acceptance: June 12, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- Camera-Ready Paper: July 01, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- New Camera-Ready Deadline: July 13, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
- Video Upload: August 30, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time)
Important Dates (Posters & Demos): Cancelled
Important Dates (Industry Track): Cancelled
Submission of scientific papers, posters & demos via Easychair on https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=sem20eu#
Proceedings of SEMANTiCS 2020 EU will be published open access by Springer LNCS.
Special Sub-Topic: Blockchain & Semantics
Distributed ledger technologies (widely known under the headline “blockchain”) have been at the center of attention during the last half a decade with the popular example of the crypto currency Bitcoin, accompanied with a large amount of ideas for application beyond the realm of cryptographic currencies. As distributed ledger technologies are graduating from being just hype into a maturing technology, they are getting combined with other information technologies in order to benefit from the advantages of both, to hedge each others’ disadvantages, or to integrate distributed ledger technologies into existing systems and architectures. In this spirit, we want to provide a forum to explore the intersection of distributed ledger and semantic web technologies.
Therefore, this track invites high quality submissions in the intersection of semantic web and distributed ledger technologies. We invite both research papers describing novel approaches and insights as well as case studies and industry submissions.
Topics of Interest include but are not limited to:
- Decentralisation in Distributed Ledger Technologies and Semantic Web Technologies
- Interoperability of Distributed Ledgers enabled by Semantic Web Technologies
- Semantic data management and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Cryptography and hashing on semantic data
- Reasoning and smart contracts
- Knowledge representation on Distributed Ledgers
- Ontological agreement and consensus mechanisms
- Applications of semantic technologies to the blockchain or vice versa
Author Guidelines and Submission for paper submissions
- The Research and Innovation Track welcomes long and short papers. Long papers should have a maximum length of 15 pages (including references) and short papers of 6 pages (including references).
- Submissions should follow the guidelines of the Springer LNCS format. Details are available here.
- Abstract submission for all papers is a strict requirement.
- All papers and abstracts have to be submitted electronically via Easychair: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=sem20eu#
- Submissions must be in English.
- Submissions are not anonymous.
- Accepted papers will be published by a well indexed open access publisher.
- To get the paper published in the proceedings at least one author of an accepted paper needs to register for the conference and pay the article processing charge. (We are currently setting up a fund to partially or - at best - completely subsidize the APC of Euro 300.- per paper.)
- The Research and Innovation Track will not accept papers that, at the time of submission, are under review or have already been published in or accepted for publication in a journal or another conference.
- Due to the cancellation of the on-site event, authors of accepted papers are expected to record a video of 5 - 10 minutes in which they present their paper. The video will be published on the conference’s YouTube channel and prominently referenced via the conference website and its social media channels. The video shall be uploaded to Easychair by August 30, 2020 (11:59 pm, Hawaii time).
Review and Evaluation Criteria for paper submissions
Each submission will be reviewed by several PC members. The reviewing process is single-blind. Papers submitted to this track will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Originality, novelty, and innovativeness
- Impact of results
- Soundness of the evaluation
- Proper comparison to related work
- Clarity and quality of writing
We are looking forward to your contribution!
Special Track Chairs:
- Tobias Käfer, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Peter Kieseberg, St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences