Dress Code / Uniform Code
(See DRESS CODE – School Uniforms in ResponsiveED Handbook)
iSchool of Lewisville
Dress Code Guidelines
2019 - 2020
Monday through Thursday of Each Week
Only monogrammed iSchool shirts and iSchool spirit t-shirts will be allowed.
To purchase monogrammed school shirts, go to kristees.biz– then go to custom stores and click on iSchool of Lewisville to see all approved school shirts. You can also go directly there by using this URL: http://kristees.biz/newsite/index.php/custom-stores/iSchool-of-Lewisville-c35912012
Athletic & School Spirit Wear: https://stemlewisville.itemorder.com/sale
- Blue Denim Jeans that are NOT torn, ripped, or cut.
- Dockers type dress pants and nice jeans without rips, holes, and frayed edges may be worn each day with appropriate school shirts – Only pants in the following colors will be allowed…..Solid Gray, Black, and Khaki (other than blue denim).
Knee length shorts may be worn in the following colors only; Blue Denim Jean, Solid Gray, Black, or Khaki.
- No “short shorts” or tight fitting shorts will be allowed.
- All shorts must be knee length.
- The school reserves the right to check the length of all students’ shorts to make certain they are school appropriate. If the school believes the shorts are too short, then the student will be asked to call a parent and have them bring a change of uniform to the school for the student to wear.
Girls may wear solid Black, Khaki, Gray, and denim skirts.
- Skirts must be at the knee in length. No exceptions.
Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times. Tennis shoes must be worn on days that students have PE.
Jackets and sweaters may be worn. Sweaters and jackets must have the iSchool logo. Sweaters and jackets without the approved logo are not permitted. Students will not be allowed to wear them.
Free Dress Fridays
Students “Free” dress must not violate the Responsive ED Dress Code in the Student/Parent Handbook or violate the Dress Code Explanation for the school. Loss of their privilege to “Free Dress Friday” is at the discretion of the Team of Deans. Excessive disciplinary issues, tardies, academic probation, etc. may result in the loss of “Free Dress Friday.”
SCHOOL DRESS CODE EXPLANATION
- Students must arrive at school each day wearing clothes aligned with iSchool of Lewisville Dress Code Guidelines. Students must remain in school uniform while on campus after school, unless changing for a school athletic activity or another pre-approved school activity.
- Shirts must be buttoned such that only the uppermost button remains undone. A white undershirt may be worn; colored undershirts are not permitted.
- Boys’ and girls’ pants, skirts, skorts, and shorts must be uniform style (no cargo pants, joggers, khaki/colored jeans, etc.) and can be purchased from stores such as French Toast, The Gap, Land’s End, Old Navy, Target and department stores that sell uniform clothes.
- If you are not sure whether uniform bottoms meet the dress code guidelines, please bring them by the office for review.
- Slacks must reach to the shoe but not dragging on the ground. Slacks must be worn at the waist, and no boxers or undergarments may be visible, including at athletic practices and games.
- Skirts and shorts must be worn at the waist; hem should be worn at the knee. Privacy leggings must be worn with all skirts.
Students may want to bring a light jacket or sweater to school during the year since classroom temperatures can be cool. Jackets and sweaters may be worn.
- Sweaters and jackets must have the iSchool logo.
- Sweaters and jackets without the approved logo are NOT permitted. Students will not be allowed to wear them.
- Startling, unusual, or immodest attire of any sort is not allowed. Fads in hairstyles, clothing, or anything designed to attract attention to the individual or to disrupt the orderly conduct of the classroom or campus is not allowed.
- Girls’ apparel that is too tight or too short to prevent modesty is NOT allowed.
- Low-cut apparel is not allowed.
- Girls are to wear sufficient undergarments.
- The following are unacceptable: clothing designed with shoulder straps less than three inches wide, bare midriffs, halters or bare backs.
- Hair is to be clean and well groomed. Unusual coloring (e.g., blue, red, pink, green, purple, etc.), streaking, or excessive hairstyles (e.g., tails, designs, mohawks, fauxhawk/fohawk, etc.) are not allowed. Words, symbols, or designs shaved in the hair (including facial hair and eyebrows) are not allowed.
- Boys’ hair must have trimmed sideburns; hair may not touch the collar of the shirt when the student is standing and should be out of the student’s eyes.
- Boys’ mustaches, beards, and other facial hair must be kept neat and trimmed.
- Tongue rings and visible body piercings, other than earrings, are not allowed. No gauges may be worn in pierced ears.
- Visible tattoos and body art are not allowed.
- Hats, bandanas, hair coverings, sweatbands, or hooded shirts and sweatshirts are not allowed except under circumstances designated by the Team of Deans or designee.
- Grills or temporary decorations on teeth are not allowed.
- Chains, handcuffs, jewelry, or accessories that suggest weaponry are not allowed.
- Excessive makeup is not allowed.