This file contains all the steps and information that was recorded to help you create a “Principal’s Message” post on the Homepage, News Page as well as the News Detail page.
In order to proceed, you would need content for the post. For example, an update to a Principal’s Message.
Step 1: In Composer, select the Module menu .
Step 2: From the menu, select Posts.
Step 3: From the Dashboard, select Boards.
Step 4: From Boards, select Schools > select your school.
Step 5: From the Posts page, click on the most recent post and click on the Clone Post icon, and click CLONE POST.
Step 6: Enter the content for the Post:
- Select the following dates:
- Start: The “Start” date sets when the post will become visible on the website. Posts are not visible to end users before they reach their Start date.
- Featured Until: The “Featured Until” date is optional. If you enter a date here, the post will be marked as “Featured” from the Start date up to when the Featured Until date is reached.
- Expire: The “Expire” date controls when a post will be archived and removed from site pages. An expired post is invisible to end users, but still remains accessible on the back end in Posts and can be re-published if desired.
- Enter a title and date for the Principal’s Message
- For example: Principal's Message: MM/DD/YY
- You can type directly into the body of the message or copy and paste text from another source. (Tip: Microsoft Word works fine, Google Documents may have some formatting issues).
- To add a link:
- Click the Links icon > click Add Link
- To add a URL (Copy the URL from any browser address)
- 1- Select URL
- 2 - Paste the URL, (or email address) in the URL/Email field
- 3 - Make sure you select “Open link in new tab” selected
- 4 - Note: In order to be ADA compliant, please make sure that you type a title in the “Title” field. Click OK when complete.
- To add a Site Page (Link from a FPS Finalsite page)
- 1- Select Site Page
- 2 - Click Browse Composer to select the Finalsite web page from the Page Picker window then click APPLY.
- After selecting the Site Page, type a Title for the link to make this ADA compliant. Note: Select the “Open link in a new tab” if it is a link to a district web page.
- To add a link to a Site File, (Note: You will need to have previously uploaded a resource to the Resource folder in order to link to it).
- o change the order, or remove images from the “Home_Slideshow” gallery, click Resources > Galleries and expand your school’s Public Galleries folder.