Access to Doctorate Programmes for students with foreing qualifications not homologated in Spain
Royal Decree 99/2011, 28th January, regulating official Doctorate studies states that whomsoever may be in possession of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign education systems may access Doctorate studies without having to homologate their qualification once the university has checked that said qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish qualification of a University Master that makes the holder eligible for access to Doctorate studies in the country issuing the qualification. This admission shall not under any circumstances imply the homologation of the qualification held by the interested party, nor its recognition for any purpose other than for gaining access to Doctorate studies (art. 6.2.b del RD 99/2011).
Access to Doctorate Programmes for students with foreign qualifications not homologated in Spain, issued by countries outside of the European Higher Education Space (EHEA).
These students must necessarily apply for and obtain the AUTHORISATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF LA LAGUNA TO STUDY A DOCTORATE PROGRAMME
before applying for admission.
Like all other students, they must also take part in the pre-registration procedure for admission to a Doctorate programme for the 2018/2019 academic year within whatever official deadline is set for the purpose, even if they have not received the ruling on said authorization by such date.
Obtaining the preliminary authorization does not under any circumstances imply the homologation of the foreign qualification of the applicant, nor its recognition for any purpose other than to study the Official Doctorate programme and, in particular, it does not make the applicant a student of the University of La Laguna nor does it guarantee admission to these studies. Such students must participate in the pre-registration procedure and obtain a place.
Applications for admission from foreign students who have not already applied for authorization from ULL to enter the Doctorate programme will not be accepted.
This authorization will be valid solely for access to the Doctorate programme for the 2018-2019 academic year.
1. Candidates must submit the corresponding application for authorization to enter the Doctorate programme in the 2018/2019 academic year on the ULL website, addressed to the Director to the School of Doctorate and Post-Graduate Studies. Applications can be submitted by following link.
2. Deadline for submission of applications:
23th July to 3nd September 2018 (both included)
3. Documents to be submitted together with the application form: (Original scanned in PDF format)
- National I.D. Card or Passport (in the event of providing NIE, this must be accompanied by a passport)
- Foreign higher education qualification or certificate for having paid the issue
- Official Academic Certification of the studies completed, stating the official duration, in academic years, of the syllabus followed, subjects studied and hours spent on each subject and the grade obtained, together with the final average grade.
- Certificate accrediting the fact that the qualification obtained makes the holder
eligible in the country of issue to gain access to Doctorate Programmes (issued by the university of origin or by the Ministry of Education of the country in which the student has completed the studies).
- “Declaration of equivalence of the average grade of the university studies completed in foreign centers”, for which, students must fill in the declaration of equivalence of average grade form that can be found at the following address of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
- Documentation accrediting a knowledge of Spanish and/or other languages, if
necessary, along with a certificate accrediting level B1 in English.
- Curriculum Vitae, in a separate pdf file, accompanied by documents to accredit the C.V.
All documents must be official and be issued by the competent authorities to do so, pursuant to the legislation of the country in question.
They must be authenticated by diplomatic means or by means of a Hague Convention Apostille.
All documents issued in a foreign language must be accompanied by a
translation into Spanish, which can be done:
*By a sworn translator, duly authorized and registered in Spain.
*By the Office of Language Interpretation of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation.
*By UNESCO, the office of the Ibero-American Co-operation Centre, or any other
organization recognized in Spain.
*By any diplomatic or consular representation of the Spanish state abroad.
*By the diplomatic or consular representation in Spain of the country of the nationality held by the applicant, or the country of origin of the document, if such is the case.
The submission of a sworn translation does not exempt candidates from presenting the document that has been translated in the original language.
The applicant will be notified of the decision over the ULL web site and a copy of the file will be attached.
Once access to the Doctorate programme has been authorized by means of the pertinent decision of the Director of the School of Doctorate and Post-Graduate Studies, and if the applicant obtains a place in the Doctorate programme applied for, said applicant must submit originals of the qualification and the certificate of grades to match these against the copies appearing in the authorization application form for access to the Doctorate Programme, in the School of Doctorate and Post-Graduate Studies within the deadline indicated in the authorization decision.
Access to Doctorate Programmes for students with an non homologated foreign qualification issued by a country of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
These students will not have to make the preliminary application for authorization to the University of La Laguna to enter Doctorate study programme, nor will they have to authenticate documents issued in member states of the European Union or signatories to the European Economic Area Agreement listed below, but they will have to submit a sworn translation of the documents into Spanish, if any.
These students will submit their pre-registration/admission applications directly
within the official deadlines set to such end.
The countries of the EHEA are: Albania, Germany, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, The Netherlands, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and Vatican (City State of).