Peridance Reopening Plan
May 5, 2021
Peridance will operate at 30% capacity upon reopening. The various programs that are housed in the school, including, International School at Peridance, Certificate Program, School at Peridance, Peridance Open School, and Peridance Contemporary Dance Company will operate with limited class numbers, staggered scheduling, hybrid learning curriculum, and dedicated cohorts to ensure social distancing in studio and in public spaces within the building.
Peridance will decrease its activity by 70% upon reopening.
- All programs- International School at Peridance, Certificate Program, Peridance Open School, and School at Peridance will operate with a hybrid learning curriculum.
- Scheduling will be modified and class times will be staggered so that no group is entering or exiting the building at the same time. No individual may enter the building more than 10 minutes prior to a scheduled class, and no individual may loiter on the premises after class.
- In-studio class sizes will be limited in order to accommodate for required physical distancing. Livestream class options will be offered to those who are not in-studio.
- Peridance will limit face to face customer interaction. Students must sign in for classes online via MindBody and fill out a Screening Waiver online prior to entering the building.
- Office staff will work with limited in-building hours in order to maintain physical distancing within the Administration Office.
- The Administration Office will be closed to visitors. Student meetings will be held online except for emergency situations.
- Faculty may pick up checks from the Front Desk or opt to have them mailed.
- Front Desk staff will work within a two shift period and staff numbers will be reduced.
- In order to limit the number of people in the building, Parents and caretakers of Students will not be allowed into the building.
Social distancing (6 feet apart) will be required at Peridance including within all entrance areas, hallways, studios, and the administration office. In order to ensure for social distancing within the building:
- Each program will be running with a hybrid curriculum with a mix of in person and distance (online) learning as a way of reducing class numbers and sizes.
- Studio capacity has been reduced in order to accommodate for social distancing based on the size of each studio.
- Faculty will be required to structure their classes and curriculum so that social distancing can be maintained while dancing.
- Class times have been reorganized to accommodate for only one group of students entering or exiting the studio at any given time. Furthermore, students will be required to enter the building NO EARLIER than 10 minutes before their class and to exit the studio immediately following their class. Congregation within the building will not be allowed.
- The building will be organized to reduce bi-directional foot traffic. One stairwell and corridor will be used for entering the building and ascending and one stairwell will be utilized for descending and exiting the building (except for in Emergency).
- Signage and “Distance Markers” will be put in place to organize and maintain physical distancing.
- Each studio is equipped with two doors and/or corridors. One door/corridor will be utilized as an entrance and the other as an exit.
- Personal belongings must be brought into the studio and will be required to fit into a single bag. All belongings must be kept at a Distance Marker placed on the outskirts of each studio. Personal belongings will not be permitted within the corridors.
- Administration staff will be reduced daily so that physical distancing can be maintained in the office and within customer service areas.
- Plexiglass dividers will be installed on the Front Desk check in area and within restrooms between sinks.
- Elevator use will be restricted for people with disabilities only.
Masks will be required at all times for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Guests. Masks must be worn both inside and outside of the studios, and at all times while dancing or teaching. Staff will be trained on how to wear, take off, clean, and discard of PPE. Peridance will provide face masks or shields to faculty and staff who are not able to provide their own facial coverings. Any shared work related equipment including and not limited to office and front desk computers, writing utensils, white boards, chairs, and studio props shall not be shared unless disinfected between use. Customer-facing staff (including and not limited to Front Desk and Cleaning Crew) will be provided with masks and gloves for use while working.
Peridance will implement the following mandatory screening practices:
- Faculty, Staff, and Full Time Students must complete a COVID-19 test within 10 days of the start of the school year and send digital documentation of their test results and test date to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to arrival. Start of school year entry will not be permitted without a test.
- Upon entering the building, temperature will be checked with infrared no touch thermometer. Any person with a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed in the building. Full time staff must have their temperature checked twice daily.
- Faculty, Staff, Students, and Guests must complete a daily questionnaire prior to entering the building which provides the institution with the following information: COVID symptoms in the last 14 days, positive COVID test in the past 14 days, contact with any person who has experienced COVID symptoms or has tested positive for COVID.
- Peridance will notify health officials of any confirmed positive cases within the institution and will work with local health departments to trace all contacts of the individual within the Peridance institution.
- Screening information will be reviewed daily and this review will be documented and logged daily.
Peridance will adhere strictly to the Testing policies laid out above. While Peridance itself will not administer tests, it will provide a list of free testing resources (located in the Resource section of this document) for all Students, Staff, and Faculty. COVID testing is required for all Students, Staff, and Faculty at the start of the school year. Those who travel outside of the tri-state area will be required to quarantine for 14 days from Peridance before being permitted to enter the school. Documentation of flight details must be provided digitally before entrance. Peridance will monitor daily screening results and testing results of Students, Staff, and Faculty. If any positive COVID case is identified, Peridance will work with local health departments to trace all contacts of the individual within the Peridance institution.
Full time students who can not return to school due to pre-existing medical conditions and vulnerability will be permitted to follow an online only curriculum. This option will be determined on a case by case basis with documentation from a medical professional. This policy is subject to change based on rules and regulations of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Hygiene, Cleaning, and Disinfection
Peridance cleaning crew will be present all day at the building to lead daily facility cleaning.
- Cleaning logs will be kept at the Front Desk which monitor the date, time, and scope of cleaning.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the building as an option for when hand washing is not readily available.
- The first floor restroom will be designated as a hand hygiene station only.
- Studios will be cleaned following each class- floors will be mopped after Modern and Contemporary classes and barres will be sanitized after each ballet class.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected 4 times per day.
- Restrooms will be closed to visitors and remain solely for use by Full time students and Faculty. Staff only restrooms will be available within the administration office. Restrooms will not be available for changing or loitering. Students must arrive at the building with their dance attire on.
- Each studio, Administration office, and front desk will be equipped with disinfectant wipes to regularly clean and sanitize high touch surfaces.
- High touch surfaces in the public areas of the building will be cleaned and sanitized by the Cleaning Crew every two hours.
- Microwave use and water fountain use will be prohibited. Students, Staff, and Faculty should come to the building with their own water bottles. Peridance Front Desk will sell bottled water and other soft drinks payable only through credit card in order to decrease person to person exchange.
- Should a known COVID infection occur at Peridance. Peridance will close for a period of 24 hours with no activity, then follow up with a thorough cleaning and disinfection of the entire building. Following the disinfection, Peridance will be reopened.
- Peridance will upgrade HVAC filters to the required MERV 13. Filters will be changed often and per the recommended guidance of the CDC and ASHRAE.
- Filters will be kept within service life and will be properly installed by a licensed professional.
- Whenever possible, Peridance will keep windows and doors open to increase the percentage of fresh air within the building.
Any Student, Staff, or Faculty who tests positive for COVID must self isolate in their home unless medical attention is needed. Should isolation be required, Peridance will offer support to students by providing resources for food deliveries, medical services, and virtual academic appointments with faculty on a case by case basis. Peridance will offer the same support system for students in quarantine. Should isolation be necessary for any member of the institution (Student, Staff, or Faculty) a school wide notice will be emailed to all parties and tracing efforts will be put in action immediately in accordance with Peridance’s Testing and Monitoring policies.
Should operations need to be scaled back to contain a breakout, the school will take the necessary Hygiene, Cleaning, and Disinfecting measures. All classes will shift to online distance learning for the necessary disinfection time. Should a longer and more permanent shutdown be necessary, Peridance will communicate through email to all Staff, Faculty, and Students to inform them of the shutdown. Program Directors will hold online meetings with their program to facilitate a seamless transition from in person learning to distance online learning, outlining necessary protocols and procedures. International students who must leave the country for whatever reason will be required to meet virtually with the International School director to ensure compliance with any government regulations that might be in place.
Peridance will maintain communication with Faculty, Staff, and Students through email as well as posted bulletins on our website. Signage will be placed around the studio which highlight physical distancing, hygiene and disinfection, as well as other regulations and operational activities laid forth by Peridance. Any person who enters Peridance is subject to the rules and regulations brought forth by the institution which have been designed to ensure safety for all parties. Any person who does not comply with the rules and regulations laid out by the institution will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
For resources related to testing and medical services: HERE.
Daily Screening: HERE.