Holi Festival of Colours
Conditions of Entry
For everyone to enjoy the festival, there are some important regulations and conditions of entry to follow.
The Festival Organisers will not permit the entry of attendees who break the following conditions of entry, and will eject at their discretion and without warning any who do.
Conditions of Entry are:
- The venue is a smoke-free environment.
- No anti-social or threatening behaviour to other festival attendees or staff, or behaviour deemed to be in violation of the intent of these terms and conditions.
- No misrepresentation as a member of staff or security, or attempt to enter restricted areas.
- No construction or attempts to do so of any form of fire, bonfire or naked flame.
- No intoxicated persons permitted.
- No animals permitted - except certified service dogs.
- No use of illicit drugs or illegal substances.
- No attempt to bring into the venue any of the following items (but not limited to):
- Alcohol (of any type)
- Food, Drinks, Colours not purchased at the festival from authorised vendors
- Illicit Drugs or illegal substances
- Knives and dangerous weapons
- Any forms of glass, including glass containers and/or drinking vessels
- Cans (including aerosol cans), thermos flasks, any breakable container
- Material to construct fires or weapons
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles
- Sound amplifying devices including loudhailers, air horns or similar devices
- Flags, banners etc that may, at the sole discretion of the festival staff, be considered too large or contain profanity or messages that could be deemed offensive.
- Any other item which the festival staff (at their sole discretion) deems to be a prohibited item which may be a danger to, or inconvenience any other person.
- Attendees must allow authorised staff to search their clothes, bags, vehicles, containers or other possessions for items in violation of these conditions of entry
- Prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Participating in activities such as aggressive dancing, stage diving, crowd surfing or climbing may result in denial of entry, immediate ejection, or referral to New Zealand police if deemed appropriate.
- Any form of assault will be immediately referred to New Zealand Police.
- Photos and Videos of festival participants may be used by the organisers for future promotions of the festival without any restrictions or compensation to participants.
- Photos and Videos taken at the festival cannot be used for commercial purposes without written permission from the organisers.
- Photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which may include, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a total focal strength of greater than 200mm and commercial digital video equipment. The festival staff will, at their sole discretion, determine whether or not an item is intended for personal or commercial use.
- Any form of direct or indirect promotion, advertising, marketing of any goods or services (for commercial or noncommercial purposes) is strictly prohibited without the written permission from the organisers.
- Participants’ consent to having unmanned aircraft (drones) flown over them for video and photography purposes.
Participant, Bag and Vehicle Searches
- For the safety of all people who attend the festival, all participants and their possessions may be subject to a search prior to being granted entry into the venue.
- Participants and their possessions may also be searched during the event and when leaving the venue.
- All vehicles entering and leaving the venue may be searched.
- All prohibited items will be confiscated.
Refusal of entry
You may be refused entry to the venue if you:
- Appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs/narcotics
- Refuse to comply with requests from security and/or gate staff
You can be evicted from the venue if you:
- Are intoxicated, or appear to be becoming intoxicated
- Are verbally or physically abusive
- Throw any missile
- Enter or attempt to enter a restricted part of the venue e.g., stage, backstage etc.
- Behave in a disorderly or offensive manner, or a manner contrary to public order
- Attempt to bring a prohibited item into the venue
- Breach any part of the terms of the Venue Conditions of Entry
- Commit any act deemed a crime in New Zealand Law
- Refuse to comply with requests from security and/or gate staff
At the sole discretion of the organisers, a trespass notice can be issued to any participant, which will prevent the participant from entry to the venue for a period of either 24 hours or 2 years whichever is applicable.
Refunds for Ticket Purchases
Any purchase(s) made prior or during the event are not eligible for refund for any reason(s) at any time. The Holi event is run on a voluntary basis by a charity, all purchases are received as donations.
Pre-paid colour purchases are only valid for the event for which they were purchased (2019 Holi pre-paid colour purchases can only be redeemed at the 2019 Holi event not at any future year Holi event.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
We will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. We do not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller, to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. To the fullest extent permitted by law neither we nor the Seller will be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
We will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. We may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of tickets. We may not replace tickets where seating is unallocated (general admission tickets).