PALNI Digital Admin Team (pdat)
Description and Statement of Work
Return on Investment (ROI)
PDAT members are recruited from institutions that are contributing to the PALNI Digital Archives. The team functions under the umbrella of Scholarly Communications and in conjunction with the Institutional Repository Group.
- Every 2 months, 1 hour meetings
- X hours / month working on CONTENTdm administration and support, as well as special projects
- PALNI professional development funds are available to attend meetings and conferences
- Direct development through skill sharing and peer relationships
- PDAT provides services, tools, and resources to all PALNI members (see below)
Goals of the Statement of Work
This statement of work defines the operational support provided by the PANLI Digital Admin Team to PALNI supported institutions. The objectives of this statement of work are to:
- Articulate clear roles and responsibilities of PDAT members.
- Provide a concise and clear description of the operational services and support provided.
- Ensure that expected service is delivered through measurable means.
- Communicate expectations for PALNI supported institutions.
Administer and provide support for PALNI digital asset platform(s) for archival collections. Maintain system policies and best practices. Make recommendations regarding digital content management. Ensure data source interoperability with Indiana Memory, DPLA, and PALNI discovery layer. As part of Scholarly Communications, work with other teams and task forces (primarily the Institutional Repository Task Force) on specific projects.
Admin Team Membership
- Darla Haines - Manchester University, Chair
- Janice Gustaferro - Butler University
- Sudha Anand - DePauw University
- Eric Bradley - Goshen College
- Amanda Hurford - PALNI
Ongoing Responsibilities of the PALNI Digital Admin Team
- Review the statement of work annually or as necessary to address changes in staffing, expectations, or service need.
- Perform Admin Team action items, including those from the strategic plan and others that are identified.
- Actively collaborate with other PALNI groups.
- Monitor for and communicate professional development opportunities related to digital projects.
- Provide support for CONTENTdm..
Services of the PALNI Digital Admin Team
- Digital Collection Creation in CONTENTdm
- Includes setting user permissions, access restrictions, and enabling WorldCat
- Website Assistance in CONTENTdm
- Custom banner creation for collection website
- Creation of custom institutional home page
- Training and Support
- Getting started with CONTENTdm training in person or via web.
- Informal help with various aspects of digital projects, including mapping to Dublin Core, batch record loading, configuring collection website, and collecting statistics.
Ongoing Local Responsibilities
- Create and maintain digital collections
- PDAT members are generally available 8:00-5:00 ET Monday through Friday.
- To request a new collection, fill out this form. Send support requests to email@example.com
- PDAT provides the PALNI board and other stakeholders with updates about activities and support requests.
- Communicate with the PALNI Digital Collections community by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org