Spray Tech I –Job Description
Position qualifications (essential qualifications including job experience, skills, and education):
- Enjoy the outdoors!
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Follow safety procedure.
Job summary or overview:
- No experience with herbicide application or environmental / safety awareness on the job training will be available. Spray tech I will work in a team of 2 or 3 depending on maintenance techniques. Daily tasks include setting up truck for the day, working under the direction of Bill Nash, traveling to ROW, applying herbicide to unwanted vegetation, returning to shop, and cleaning out truck for the following day.
- Skills to learn:
- Plant Species
- Precautionary Safety:
- Small Equipment / Hose Safety
- Personal Safety (PPE + things like hydration)
- Chemical Signal Words
- Being able to look at the ROW and identify locations
- Land navigation skills
- Trail Blazing Technique
- Identifying Herbicide Injury
Assigned duties and responsibilities:
- Beginning of Day: Active participant in Safety PreJob
- During the Day:
- Good communication / positioning with other team members
- Physically demanding -Keep hose available to others
- End of Day: Clean out all debris in truck & bed of truck
Supervisor or manager:
Bill Nash, Herb Team Manager, will oversee the daily tasks and majority of the responsibilities. Diane Knighton, owner, will oversee a few tasks.
Salary: Starting at $13 – opportunity to advance to Spray Tech II (+6 months)