Heavy War scenarios
Official battle scenarios are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with Listen-up planned for 10:20 am & fighting beginning at 10:30 am. Battles will end by 3:00 pm. (A 30-45 minute lunch/rest period is planned each day at about 12:30 pm).
Armor/weapon conventions – Armor and weapons shall be inspected in accordance with each principle kingdom’s rules/conventions, prior to entering the field of combat.
- Metal Armor, including metallic breastplates, coat of metal plates and metallic Lamellar will be considered proof against arrows and bolts, but not versus thrown or siege weapons.
- The first battles of each morning will have a maximum 6-foot weapon length, after which we will switch to maximum 9 foot spears (7-1/2 foot polearms). Please plan accordingly (and bring extra six foot pole weapons to share.)
- While there will be archery in most battles, we will have a few that exclude archery (mostly to give time for arrow inspection). Unless specifically announced otherwise, thrown weapons may be used in every battle.
Scenarios will be run multiple times with minimal down time in between. While we do plan a rest break each day, individuals should also pace themselves and sit-out a battle if they need. There should be plenty of fighting for all. (HYDRATE)
- Non-resurrection scenarios will be run multiple times, with minimal time in-between. (Archers, this means you will be in multiple battles without the chance to glean/reinspect. Conserve your ammunition accordingly.)
- Resurrection scenarios - We will run these a bit differently this year. In lieu of the steady stream of individuals resurrecting, we will ask people to count off and only re-field in groups of nine. (Reigning Royals may re-field in groups of 3, basically grabbing two retainers and getting back out there).
Each day will start with a review of scenarios for the day (Marshalls meeting on the field at 10:00 with all participant Listen-up planned for 10:20 am). Over the course of the 3-days, we will run open-field, timed castles (attackers unlimited resurrection), Timed redoubt resurrection with Flags, crossroads, mountain-pass and at least once a Knights Last Stand (Members of the order of Chivalry vs the known world.)