Position: Lead Preschool Teacher
Pay Scale: $13-16/hr- with bonuses for Longevity, Education, Experience, and fleXible pay for skills
Terms & Benefits: 16-40 hrs/wk, 90 days for benefits, 10-month contract, 172 Student Days
Paid Training Time- (Per hour bonus)
(5) Paid- W.E.L.L. Days (Wellness, Ongoing Training, Reflection Days)
(6)Holidays Paid- 2 days for Christmas, 2 day Thanksgivings, 1-New Years, 1- Labor Day
(5) Paid Vacation Days- Arranged at the start of the year as possible
(10) Non-paid Vacation/Reset Days- (Center is closed or camp is happening) Spring Break & Vacation- Winter or Summer
Supported by: The Advisor, the Director, and Ambassador of Enrollment & Engagement
Supports: Co-teachers, staff, admin., teachers, parents, children, community members, and volunteers.
Job Description: Lead teachers are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, supportive, nurturing and responsive environments, experiences, and relationships in and beyond the classroom. An ideal candidate would be someone who can facilitate child-centered, play-based learning while integrating best practices in early childhood education, licensure compliance, safety & supervision, and parent engagement.
- Organize and maintain a safe and engaging learning environments (inside and outside) as a critical part of daily exploration and growth.
- Plan and prepare individualized, cooperative, and developmentally appropriate activities with lessons tied to NC Foundations and natural learning continuums based on student interest.
- Initiate and facilitate Project-Based Learning including S.T.E.A.M. and literacy.
- Support children in networking with professionals & mentors for our Personalized Learning Communities (PLCs) to create authentic, hands-on learning through Ubuntu or contributism.
- Ensure NC Licensure Compliance, ECERS/ITERS, Tuition Subsidy, & Food Program data and agreements are met each day. Our funding could depend on it.
- Develop, nurture & celebrate relationships with administration, staff, parents, volunteers, community members, and students.
- Participate in your Personal and Professional Growth Plan through training, sharing, and coaching offered throughout the year.
- Promote wellness, leadership, a love for learning, and purposeful living through action, intentional instruction, and daily community and connection time.
- Develop procedures and systems that support independence, regulation, self-management, personal empowerment, restorative justice, and safety.
- Practice strong communication & collaboration with staff, board, parents, community, and students. Participate in up to 15 special events to build community.
- Co-create a positive work environment by being authentic, compassionate, understanding, and centering each day on what is best for the children and families.
- Allow children to be themselves and follow their hearts.
-2 Years or more of Experience working with children under 6 years old.
-Being ethical, respectful, and compassionate with people from all walks of life.
-Co-creating in multi-cultural and marginalized groups where traditionally marginalized community members are valued and respected.
-Technology, Google Drive, Calendars, Social Media, Excel, data entry, basic word processing, and content creation for professional use and with children.
-Any of the following: Social and Emotional learning & teaching, Child-centered, Brain-based learning, Whole person learning, Project Based Learning, Asset/Strength-based, Resiliency, Equity, Trauma-informed education, Yoga, Mindfulness, Restorative justice, Inclusion, Executive Function & Brain-based Learning, Creative Arts, Music, Transition to Kindergarten, Community & Parent Engagement, Co-teaching, S.T.E.A.M., multiple learning styles and different abled learners.
Minimum Qualifications: Education & Credentials :
- North Carolina Birth--K Licensure Preferred or NCECC+ Experience*
- AA in Early Childhood Education or Higher
- Qualifying Letter- Background Check**
Please go to these websites to access your ability to meet the requirements for this position. Please have qualifying letters and education credentials
Ethos of Evolve:
As an Evolve Early Learning Ambassador, I…
- possess an inner commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of children and advocate for social, environmental, educational, and economic justice for all beings.
- model and practice self-compassion and community-care, positive participation, clear communication, problem-solving & leadership skills, and kindness to the best of my ability.
- appreciate and honor the interdependence of our planet, it’s creatures, and it’s people
- express my feelings, talents, and perspectives and connect to my inner motivations
- participate in training to ensure safety, support, and cultural responsiveness at the highest level. (Including background check, pre-camp training days, and in-real-time training and support.)
- can comfortably move with young children- lift up to 40lbs, bend and sit on the floor, run 100 yards, walk up to a mile, and actively and mindfully supervise and support children.
- chose to be present each day to co-create safe, supportive, nurturing, and responsive environments, experiences, and relationships.
- understand that flexibility and taking risks is necessary to innovate & contribute to the unfoldment of safe and stimulating learning
- understand that cooperation and communication is necessary to thrive & contribute to listening and leading
- Can uphold our values: Love, Gratitude, Joy, & Equity
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com with the subject line: Lead Preschool Teacher