SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 6:37 pm at Round Table Pizza in Atascadero, CA by Mary
Introductions & members in attendance: (Attendance Sheet)
Robin Blackburn, Mary Brown, Karyn Convertini, Cindy Fleenor, Janell Jackel, Jennifer Nowell, Shari Ziegenbein, guest Peggy Coon, guest Arlette Baldwin
- Read and approved 1/16/18 minutes. Cindy moved to accept, Mary seconded. Passed
Show Business: March 29 - April 1 2018 - Including Easter Day [TWO meetings left]
Note: Entries close March 14th.
- Judges update - any new judges/confirmations/specialty selections
- Foreign judges from New Zealand and Mexico
- John Wade has been signed for Sunday to replace the Mexican judge
- No $ amount yet for the cash payments to foreign judges
- Amounts consist of their daily rates, hotel (?), per diem (?), airport shuttle costs
- Wine theme tiles have arrived for Group One
- BIS trophies - Directors chair from WalMart is $14. Shari will check on it. Embroidery cost is $36.65
- Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Bulldogs, and Bearded Collies
- Robin made a motion to have rosettes for all Best of Breeds for Supported Entries. Jennifer Nowell seconded, motion passed.
- Ring Runners
- Catalogs/Show table (awards)
- Friday rally in the Premium update - it is in now!
- The Fleenors will bring 6 radios to have stationed at different rings and the judging table
- Janell began a $30 Facebook advertisement which promoted the K9 Chronicle ad. 917 people reached from paid promotion, 81 engagements, 2 clicks, 2 page likes, 14 shares. It ran for 7 days.
- Janell will begin another FB advertisement run on March 7th for $20… having it end on March 14th (when entries close)
- ALL MEMBERS BRING YOUR 3 BOTTLES OF WINE TO DONATE AT THE NEXT MEETING. We need at least 24 bottles. Janell will collect them and make sure they get to Cindy and the show.
- Arlette will be donating olive oil
- RV spaces will be needed by Karyn, Cindy, Mary, and Janell
- Note that for electrical, it is suggested you bring a LONG extension cord
- March 25th - Help at Karyn’s to load the toy hauler with club’s dog show things
- Judges gifts will be handled by Shari and Karyn
- Auditing Committee receive auditing materials and choose a meeting date
- The accounting information has not been entered or maintained. Materials will be received once Karyn enters last year into her spreadsheets.
- Susan Howard has been doing the SLOKC taxes
- Jennifer Nowell appointed Membership Chair
- Balance as of 2/21/18 is $10,771.11
Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 20th at 6:30 pm at (Atascadero Round Table Pizza)
Close Meeting: 8:01pm by Mary
Minute Taker: Secretary Janell Jackel