10:30 am, 16 February 2020
Gathering Music Hymn 398: Christ, Whose Glory Fills the Sky
*Call to Worship: (Revelation 1:4-8 & 19:5 NKJV)
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come,
and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead,
and the ruler over the kings of the earth.
To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father,
to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him…
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,"
says the Lord,
"who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Praise our God,
All you His servants and those who fear Him,
Both small and great!
*Confession of the Mystery of Godliness (in unison) See insert
Song of Christ’s Majesty Psalm 21-A
Sermon “This Is My Beloved Son”
The Lord’s Supper
*Song of Hope Psalm 131
*Benediction (From Ephesians 1:17-18 NKJV)
Now may the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,
Give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
That you may know what is the hope of His calling,
What are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe.
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is on the table for tithes and offerings
Hymnbooks & Psalters are in the foyer
Afternoon Worship, 2:00 pm
Pre-service Prayer Meeting from 1:25-1:55 pm (Open with Psalm 74-B)
*Call to Worship: Jeremiah 9:23-24
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter] Psalm 46-C
Psalm Singing Requests given by the congregation
Sermon What Is God (WSC Q-4)
*Prayer of Application
*Song of Response Psalm 145-A
*Benediction: 1 Timothy 1:17 & 1 Thessalonians 5:28
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you. Please join us for lunch in the church basement following the morning worship service.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. If you are training them to sit in the service, you may take them to the room at the back of the church from which the worship service can be seen and heard. If they are not ready to sit through the service, you may drop them off in the staffed nursery room in the basement of the church.