Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Special Meeting
05.07.18 at 5:30 pm – 18 N Beech Street
BOD Approved on 05.21.18
- Call to order: Nate called the meeting to order at 5:40 pm.
Roll Call: Nate Seeley, President; Kelli Jackson, Vice President (via phone); Chad Fish, Treasurer; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Kathy Clark, Member; Stacey Weyand, Member
- Executive Session - Pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4)(f)(I) to discuss a personnel matter
Recorded on Stacey’s IPhone
- At 5:40 pm Tamia moved to enter into Executive Session according to C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4)(f)(I) to discuss a personnel matter. Nate stipulated that all E/M S BOD members be in attendance with no other persons invited to attend. Motioned seconded, no discussion, approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Stacey moved to exit out of Executive Session at 6:49 pm. Motion seconded, no discussion, approved unanimously. Motion carried. No action was taken during the Executive Session.
- FD position
- Stacey moved to release Aaron Knox from the Finance Director position effective Friday, May 11, 2018. Motion seconded, discussion, all in favor. Motion carried.
- Chad and Nate: meet with Aaron on Thursday to notify him of the board’s decision and extend the release of employment letter and collect his keys.
- Kathy moved to offer Urulu Yazzie the position of Finance Director at Children’s Kiva Montessori Elementary/Middle School effective as soon as he is available. Motion seconded, no discussion, all in favor. Motion carried.
- Nate: draft the letter of hire for Urulu Yazzie by Tuesday, May 8 at 12 pm.
- All: review the letter fo hire for Urulu Yazzie by Tuesday, May 8 at 8 pm.
- Tamia: extend letter of hire via the board’s email to Urulu Yazzie Tuesday night.
- Chad: draft a non-selection letter.
- Nate: meet with and present the non-selection letter to the other FD candidates.
- Approve building lease between CKMS and CKBC
- Tamia moved to approve the Commercial Lease between Children’s Kiva Montessori School and Children’s Kiva Building Corp. Motion seconded, no discussion, all in favor. Motion carried.
- Nate and Tamia: sign the Commercial Lease between CKMS and CKBC.
- Adopt TABOR Resolution to Building Corp loan package
- If we don’t need the resolution, it can be revoked at the next meeting.
- Chad moved to adopt the “Justice Building TABOR Resolution” dated May 7, 2018. Motion seconded, no discussion, approved unanimously. Motion carried. All present board members signed the resolution.
- Kelly: sign the resolution.
- Adjournment: Stacey moved to adjourn the meeting, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:17 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary