Introduction to Wood Working
This project is an introduction to wood working. This project will have you design, plan, and build a wooden creation that is two unique bookends.
This project will cover:
- Universal Saw (and Bandsaw)
- Coping Saw (and Scroll Saw)
- Cordless Drill (and Drill Press)
- Sandpaper/Files/Rasps (and Belt/Disc Sander)
- Metric and Imperial measures.
- Plywood and Pine Board.
- Dowels (optionally)
- You need to come up with a visual prototype of your design. FIRST do some sketches on blank paper to explore your ideas and THEN do a scale drawing (1:1 scale) on a piece of graph paper of your design. You must include a FRONT view and a SIDE view with measurements.
- Must specify the wood type(s) used (See the common list of wood in D&C room).