How to install your CNRS and AMU "ownCloud".
1) Where to find the information
CNRS (mycore): http://intranet.cnrs.fr/intranet/actus/151001-mycore.html
AMU (amubox): http://dosi.univ-amu.fr/amubox
2) Set your account
2-1) Mycore (CNRS)
Go to this page https://mycore.core-cloud.net/index.php/settings/personal
and identify yourself using your CNRS (Janus) credentials
Accept the conditions, then choose a "local Mycore password"
If you missed that step, click again https://mycore.core-cloud.net/index.php/settings/personal
Then go to the bottom of the page and ask for an email to set or reset your "local mycore password":
Nothing to do. You will just need your ENT credentials
3) Install the app "owncloud" on each device you want to synchronize (Mac OSX, PC, mobile phone etc.)
Download the app from here: https://owncloud.org/install/#install-clients
The desktop apps are free of charge; the mobile apps (iphone, android) are cheap (1€).
4) Set the app
4-1) On a PC
- The app should start after you install it, else, click on the small cloud icon at the bottom of the desktop:
- Then, fill in your Janus login and "local mycore password"
- Then select all default parameters, and connect / terminate.
- Unless you chose otherwise, a folder C:\Documents and Settings\You\ownCloud has been created. To run a test, move a file in this folder. The cloud icon tells you when the file is synchronized on the server
- You may add your AMU account by opening the ownCloud app, then click on "Compte" > "Ajouter un compte"
4-2) Mac OS X
- Start the owncloud app,
- In the menu bar, click on the cloud icon
- Then click on "settings" in order to add an account:
CNRS: https://mycore.core-cloud.net + login CNRS (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) + local mycore password
AMU: https://amubox.univ-amu.fr:443 + login ENT (e.g. leger.c + your email password)
5) Access your synchronized data from anywhere,
Mycore CNRS: https://mycore.core-cloud.net/index.php/apps/files/ (identification Janus)
AMUbox: https://amubox.univ-amu.fr/index.php/apps/files/ (identification ENT)
6) Share a file or folder with someone
6-1) From the web
- Go to step 5 below, and locate the file/folder you want to share,
- move the mouse on the "share" symbol
- You may chose the name of the person you want to share the file/doc with....
- ... or click on "Share link" to obtain the link that you will by email to the person you want to share the file with.
6-2) From the file manager (PC) or finder (Mac)
On a PC, you can right click on a file/folder to open the share menu, then navigate to "share with ownCloud":
On a mac, ctrl-click to open the menu:
7) Find Help