Program download: http://zoom.us/download
Joffrey Ballet School will conduct all online classes, orientations and events using the ZOOM application.
- Year Round: Each class will receive a ZOOM Meeting Link, ID and Password that will be the same for during the entire semester.
- Summer: Each Team Assignment will receive a ZOOM Meeting Link, ID and Password that will be the same for all classes during each week.
Students can access their class by clicking on the ZOOM Meeting link and following the prompts or by logging into the ZOOM application and manually entering the ZOOM Meeting ID and password.
Technical Support Reference Guide
Recommendations for optimal viewing
- It is recommended that all dancers download ZOOM as an application on their computer or phone, instead of using a web browser. In the application, your video will be optimized, ensuring that you are using the settings recommended for your internet connection.
- Light your space to be bright, avoiding a singular, dim light or sources that can shift. Back-lighting, especially from natural sources, makes it difficult for students and instructors to see each other. Try to use light that covers your face and brightens your space, avoiding shadows and glares.
- All viewers are automatically muted when they enter a class. Students must re-mute themselves after speaking. The background noise severely impacts everyone’s ability to hear the instructor and also adjusts the recording to only follow the noise source. It is important, for future viewing, that the video remains on the instructor.
Video/Camera is not working
- If you enter the meeting and your profile picture is displaying instead of your camera, you need to turn your camera on. Click the “Start Video” button on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen.
- If your camera is still not working, test your video to confirm that the correct camera is selected.
- Log into the ZOOM application on your computer.
- Click your profile picture, then “Settings.”
- Click the video tab.
- You will see a preview of your camera and you can choose a different camera.
- If this is successful, but your camera is still not working, close out of all other programs that utilize the camera, such as Photo Booth, Facetime, and other conference software. Then restart your computer.
- The last and final step would be to uninstall the ZOOM client and reinstall the latest version at http://zoom.us/download
Video/Camera keeps freezing/cutting out
If you are experiencing any issues with latency, frozen screen, poor quality audio, or meetings getting disconnected, watch the video below for tips on where to place your router and how to extend the reach of your WiFi.
Investigate if other users on the same WiFi network are participating in bandwidth-intensive activities. For the device running ZOOM and other devices that share the internet connection, avoid the following during an online classes:
- Large Downloads
- Large Uploads
- Streaming Video (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc)
- Cloud Backups or File Synchronization (OneDrive, Dropbox)
- Other High-Bandwidth Activities
Unable to join the meeting
Band message/email the intern and confirm that you are using the correct link, ZOOM meeting ID and ZOOM meeting password.
JBS understands that this learning environment is completely reliant on technology. Sometimes technical issues make it impossible for students to participate, especially if the video keeps freezing or cutting in/out. Please communicate if you are experiencing technical difficulties.
Each student will receive an invitation to join a Band Group. Band is a communication application that Joffrey Ballet School will use to post information, schedules, updates and events. Students and staff can also use the messaging feature to communicate with each other.
Band groups will be arranged according to
- Year Round: Program (Children’s or Youth or Trainee)
- Summer: Team Assignments.