Feminist, hobby-philosopher, organiser of @frontendunited, inventor of @compony_, Freelance Drupal frontend developer & interaction designer.
As a public speaker I give visionary techy talks about what the future of Component-driven development could mean for Drupal. My topics currently evolve around the following:
- Why are Drupal Frontend developers not the best in the world (yet)
- What are the advantages of Component-driven frontend Development.
- Common anti-patterns in a frontend workflow.
- NPM: Why are we selling a result of a developer experience?
- Complexity from abstracting too soon on the frontend
- Does jQuery still have a place on our Drupal-island?
- How could the Frontend in 5 years look like?
- Instead of buying new websites, people will start fixing websites, how can legacy projects become awesome to work on?
- When to decouple my Drupal site?
- How to re-use the frontend of my website?
- Progressive rendering in a Drupal setup
- Frontend performance of Drupal
Let me know what topics are of most interest and I'll compose the talk around that.
I would love to speak at your conference, so here is a list of things that I will likely ask if you get in to contact with me:
- When and where? The further the better
- How many attendees are you hoping for? Rough estimation is more than enough
- Do you have a CoC? If not, swipe left or ask me to talk about inclusivity and equality.
- Length of the talk? I will talk a whole day if you don't stop me.
- What topic would make you most happy from the above list? Knowing what your audience comprises off would help me finding what would work best for you too.
- Can I use my own laptop for presenting? Currently packing a Macbook Mid 2015 with hdmi
- Do you compensate speakers? Let me know if it is possible to cover travel expenses and a fee, I tend to be soft for non-profit events, and good causes..
- Do you do Workshops? I give workshops too, where I cover how Compony integrates in to your Drupal setup. I usually ask 50% of what you sell me for
What’s in it for you?
I will gladly help promote your event. I will also be available during the entire event to socialise with attendees including social side-events. I guarantee quality, and hold myself to a high standard. If you decide that my talk wasn't worth it, I won't ask for compensation.
You are free to record, livestream my talk and distribute how you see fit.