Thoughtful artists are on a constant journey of growth, seeking to expand their creativity, improve their quality and to push their ability. elite Dance & Theatre is a company full of artists on that journey together.
We offer a unique program for apprentices, where they are given the opportunity to train and perform alongside our professional artists. This program offers our apprentices a greatly reduced price for class tuition (40% discount) at elite Dance and Theatre in exchange for their seasonal commitment to participate in elite Company & Youth Program productions.
elite Company Apprenticeship Requirements and Standards
- Company Apprenticeship is by audition or invitation only.
- elite Company Apprenticeship will be considered for those artists 13 years or older and who have the ability and maturity to work alongside the professional company.
- Company Apprenticeship is for one season at a time. Members that remove themselves or are dismissed from the program must wait until the new season to request Apprenticeship.
- Class and Rehearsal schedule is for Tuesday (Ballet, Jazz), Thursday (Ballet, CO Class, Rehearsals), Friday (CO Class, Rehearsals), and Saturday (Jazz, Tap, Rehearsals). Company Apprentices will attend classes and rehearsals on assigned days and times.
- Participation in all seasonal shows and events is mandatory in order to maintain apprenticeship with the company.
- Apprentices are expected to show respect for their art form, their instructors, elite office workers, production crew, and their company.
- Apprentices are expected to behave with the highest professionalism: work hard, be on time, be responsible, be respectful, be dependable. Professionalism will be displayed in the studio, in the theatre and on social media.
- elite Dance & Theatre will not allow disruptive attitudes or behavior from company members, apprentices or their families.
Company Expenses and Discounts
- Monthly tuition. Company Theatre Apprentices receive a 40% discount off of the full price for their class schedule. Tuition is paid June through May. Summer Tech Week (intensive) is the same cost as normal monthly tuition.
- Yearly Seasonal Registration fee.
- Dance supplies (please see dress codes for Ballet, Jazz, Tap)
- Show supplies: Some shows require additional footwear and costume basics (black dance shorts, body tights, clothing from your closet).
Summer Technique Week
All company apprentices will attend a mandatory Summer Technique Week in June of each season. 2018 dates are June 25th-29th, 2018. Dancers unable to attend the week of the intensive will be required to register for the intensive and then schedule (6) Private Lessons in June or July as their make up.
Company Shows and Activities
*please refer to website calendar for specific dates
Apprentices will be expected to participate in all Company shows per season. Youth Program shows are optional.
Kids Theatre Project (JR CO ) Workshop and Show in July. Optional for Company Apprentices 14 yrs and younger.
Fall Show - Rehearsals: June-August, shows in September
Holiday Show - Rehearsals: September-November, shows in December
Performing Arts Trip to Walt Disney World - March
Tap, Rattle and Roll! Open House (Tap Students) Rehearsals: January-April, Open house in May
Spring Show - Rehearsals: January-March, shows in April
Show Participation Requirements
- Casting for elite Company Shows (acting, dancing and singing) will be by audition/invitation. All elite Company members will be required to submit an Audition Worksheet before casting deadlines for each show.Company members are expected to attend classes and rehearsals. Members are responsible for being caught up when returning from an excused absence.
- An unexcused absence may result in removal from the cast.
- All run throughs are mandatory. Approval for a missed run-through must be submitted and approved by the director before casting (listed on the Audition Worksheet). Scheduling conflicts given after initial casting will be reviewed by the director for consideration as to whether member will remain in their assigned role(s).
- All dress rehearsals and company tech days at the theatre are mandatory, NO exceptions. If a member cannot be in the theatre all scheduled days, they will be removed from the cast, but will be expected to participate on the production crew in order to maintain their company membership.