Sophia Strickfaden - Resume
Denver, CO | (720) 666-3365 | SophiaMStrickfaden@gmail.com | www.sophia-elearn.com
Colorado Community College Online (CCCOnline), Aurora, CO
eLearning Technologist, Instructional Design April 2020 - Present
- Research, design, and develop technical courses with content experts using OneDrive, Articulate 360, Office 365, and Desire2Learn Brightspace (D2L, LMS).
- Collaborate with Instructional Design leads and content experts to design and develop innovative online learning solutions, including Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses.
- Evaluate eLearing tools for learning design team usage, including VideoScribe, Vyond, H5P, Pressbooks, D2L (LMS) packaged elements.
- Rapid prototyping of course learning objects and full courses for three or more project cycles per year, including professional development for instructors and staff, included technical modules on YuJa (video service) and D2L (LMS).
- Create innovative online learning objects using Articulate 360, Camtasia, Snagit, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Manage server with learning object files for multi-instance, reusable implementation and efficient maintenance.
- Project manage course and program designs with alignment and scaffolding with learning competencies, including national technical skills standards, and assessments based on efficient student learning experiences and intentional andragogy.
- Address and train staff for accessibility solutions for online learning including, captioning, alternative text, long descriptions, and WCAG requirements for online courses, including an accessibility check protocol based on WCAG 2.0 standards and mobile device accessibility.
- Create, manage, and train staff on Open Educational Resources (OER) in CCCOnline Pressbooks and in-house, hand-built HTML eTexts.
- Deeply integrate publisher items to D2L (LMS), such as electronic textbooks and associated tools and assessments. handbuilt HTML eTexts.
- Serve as online learning expert panelist and/or presenter for 4+ professional development events, including: ITC Annual Conference 2021; Every Learner Everywhere’s Ask an Export Live Q&A: What Faculty Need to Know; CCCOnline Connect 2020, 2021; and Open Education Global, CCCOER.
Contract Instructional Designer
Colorado Community College Online (CCCOnline), Aurora, CO | October 2018 - May 2020
Noodle Partners, New York, NY | October 2019 - March 2020
- Collaborated, partnered, and coordinated with design teams to empower subject matter experts (SMEs) on asynchronous training programs and courses.
- Developed technical training for eLearning tools, such as YellowDig, Kaltura, Adobe Premiere, and Canvas (LMS).
- Project managed rapid course development for 2-4 additional consultants with ease and efficiency.
- Designed and created D2L (LMS) and Canvas (LMS) compatible reusable learning objects.
- Mapped training and development and academic courses with SMEs to ensure competency alignment and appropriate scaffolding for enhanced learning experiences, intentional andragogy, and program outcomes, including rubrics and skills assessments.
- Developed multimedia such as infographics, curate stock art, and ensure copyright compliance and fair usage
Johnson & Wales University, Denver, CO
Adjunct Instructor, College of Business - Technology December 2019 - March 2020
- Designed and developed weekly instructional strategies with hybrid delivery to meet course outcomes.
- Assessed student learning with analytical grading rubrics aligned with course objectives and descriptions.
- Tailored course to specific student groups with case studies and guest speakers.
Instructional Design and Technology Specialist July 2018 - April 2020
- Directed full program design and development for New Faculty Onboarding with 40+ Adjunct Faculty,including technical training both asynchronous and face-to-face for Blackboard Learn+ (LMS), Kaltura, Banner, Starfish (Attendance and Retention Tool) and Skype for Business.
- Re-launched and managed the Faculty Learning Center, which hosted additional asynchronous technical training for TurnItIn (Plagiarism Tool), YouTube, simple HTML, PollEverywhere, Kahoot!, Skype for Business, EATEC (culinary requisitions), and more.
- Create training materials using content authoring tools, including Articulate Storyline 2, Articulate Rise, TechSmith Camtasia, Google Sites, LibWizard, Canva, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and more.
- Annually created and updated 20+ user guides for Blackboard Learn+ and Blackboard Collaborate (video conferencing).
- Collaborated, strategized, and advised on intentional instructional design for course delivery within Blackboard Learn + (LMS).
University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
Instructional Design Specialist and Intern January 2017 – June 2018
- Trained faculty on the technical usage of Canvas (LMS) for publishing course materials in the online space.
- Collaborate with 10+ faculty on Canvas (LMS) course design and development at a tier-2 research institution.
- Designed and implemented blended programs for instructional design, learning technologies, and teaching strategies.
- Evaluated courses and instructional materials in a variety of learning contexts, some with SCORM or xAPI influences
- Utilized Appreciative Inquiry and the ADDIE for an online role orientation in the Canvas LMS for all new teaching faculty.
Klein Buendel, Inc., Golden, CO
Instructional Designer, July 2015 – October 2017; Research Assistant July 2012 – July 2015
- Facilitated instructional design for the development of 12 multimedia-based, home-grown training and development programs.
- Planned, scripted, assisted, and managed assets for video and photography products using Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere Audition.
- Designed technical usability testing training for 3 SME teams at 3 institutions for technical and health communications training products.
- Developed and implemented instructional design protocols and practices to meet unique company needs and services of collaborator institutions.
- Created, facilitated, and managed usability testing of 5+ multimedia and technical training programs, including on mobile devices, for entire projects and full grant cycles with multi-phased testing.
University of Colorado Denver
Masters of Arts in Information and Learning Technologies, Option: eLearning Development and Implementation August 2015 – May 2017
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
March 2014 – December 2014
University of Colorado Boulder
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
August 2008 – May 2012