ALTTP Randomizer OWG 2018 Tournament
What are the Randomizer settings for the tournament?
- State: Open
- Swords: Randomized
- Logic: Overworld Glitches
- Difficulty: Normal
- Goal: Defeat Ganon
- Variation: None
Please see http://alttpr.com/randomizer for more information.
How do I get involved and join the tournament?
- Maximum 64 (on a first come first served basis, who meet the entry requirements)
- The Bracket stage has 6 rounds and last at most 6 weeks. All matches are best of 3.
- You must have completed and have VoD’s or SRL/SRTV race results for at least 2 open OWG randomizer games with times under 3 hours.
What are the dates for the tournament?
All weeklong formats run Monday - Sunday. Races may not be scheduled after 9:00pm EDT on Sunday evenings.
- All matches between players must be completed within 1 week for each match-up.
- If all players finish in less than a week then we will move onto the next set of matches immediately.
How are player seedings determined?
- Seeding will be completely random.
What happens if we tie in a race?
- Race ties will be resolved with a rematch.
- A race is considered a tie if both players finish within 3 seconds of each other.
How are dropouts and forfeits handled?
- Forfeits are treated as a loss.
- Dropouts forfeit their current match and are removed from the remainder of the tournament.
- Past results are not changed retrospectively.
What will the races be like on the restream channels?
- There will be no 4-way races (only 1v1’s).
- There is a 3 hour time limit per race for restreams.
- We will restream as many races as we can.
Where do races take place?
- We are using SpeedRacingTV for this tournament.
- Please be sure to create an account and get familiar with the race functions
- You’ll need a valid email address and twitch.tv account. Takes less than 5 minutes to get going.
How do I generate my race seed?
- We have a discord bot which generates tournament seeds. (Open, Randomized Swords, Normal)
- Restreamers have a command to create the race page and to generate seeds
- A separate command will be made available for matches without a restream that will create the race page and generate the seed once both players have entered.
What happens if the randomizer gets updated during the tournament?
- The latest live version of the randomizer will be used for each match.
What are the rules regarding which glitches are allowed?
- Underworld/Indoor major glitches are banned
- Overworld/outdoor major glitches:
- Boots Clips
- Mirror Clips
- Spinspeed Clips
- Allowed but not required:
- Fake Flute
- Outdoor Red/Green YBAs
- 1-Frame Clips/Bunny Clips
- Mirror Wraps
Can I use my own custom sprites?
- Only officially supported sprites which are selectable on the website may be used.
What cool stuff does the winner get?
- The winner will have their name added somewhere into the game!
What are my commitments as a player entering the tournament?
- Failure to meet any of these commitments may result in you being forfeit:
- You must complete 2 (or 3 if required) matches per week.
- You must stream all races on Twitch with a 15 minute delay and enable VOD archiving.
- Race VODs must remain on Twitch for the duration of the tournament.
- You must disable all stream alerts if you are being restreamed.
- You must record and submit your final in-game time and collection rate:
- If we cannot restream your race you must submit your race channel URL:
- Submission Google Docs for the last 2 points will be provided in the #scheduling channel of the tournament discord
What happens if I have internet, tech or power issues?
- Please make local recordings of races in case of any internet or technical issues. Local recordings of your entire stream are preferred to just raw game feed and are sufficient to determine the result of a race.
- If you are having internet issues leading up to the race please do not continue and race anyway. Instead please let an admin know and reschedule.
- If you have internet or technical issues (for a moderate/significant period of time) and cannot provide a local recording then you will be forfeit from that match. There will be no rematches.
What should I do if I think someone is cheating?
- All forms of cheating are strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Being in a restream channel or chat during the race
- Stream sniping
- ROM/RAM inspection
- Speaking to other racers during a race
- Receiving advice from others (including chat) during a race.
- We ask that you utilize Twitch’s emote only mode in your chat, and close your chat window until after you click “done” in SRTV. After, you may turn emote only off and proceed as normal. This can be done using the following commands.
- If you think someone is cheating please do not bring it up in a public forum (e.g. Discord channel or Twitch chat). Please message a tournament admin directly on the tournament Discord.
- Please only include facts and provide as much information as possible to support your claim. Harassment, bullying and continued cheat accusations will not be tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the tournament and relevant Discords/Twitch channels.
- Players who are removed for conduct violations will be banned from all future tournaments. Conduct violations include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment of players, volunteers, mods/admins, or the general public in the tournament discord or restream channels.
What hardware/software can I use?
- Allowed emulators include SNES9X 1.51+, SNESGT, SNESGX (Wii) & BSNES/HIGAN.
- ZSNES & older versions of SNES9X are banned.
- SD2SNES, Super Everdrive, SNES Classic and SuperNT are all allowed.
What other rules apply?
- Turbo controllers and functionality are banned.
- Pressing Up+Down or Left+Right simultaneously is banned.
- Emulator specific functionality is banned (e.g. save states, fast forward, etc).
- Only one action can be mapped per button (e.g. you can’t bind Up and Right to one button).
- Only one button can be mapped per action (e.g. you can’t bind Up to two different buttons.
- You may be asked to display your input settings/hotkeys/emulator version before/after a race.