Remote Lab Setup Steps for Windows PCs
Note: These instructions are for the new Remote Desktop app, which you may need to download to your computer.
Icon for New Remote Desktop
Icon for Remote Desktop Connection
( shown in separate tutorial)
Installing Remote Desktop
- Visit the Microsoft Remote Desktop program page and click the “Get” button.
- When prompted choose “Open Microsoft Store”
- In the Microsoft Store click the “Install” button.
- When prompted to sign-in click the X to close the window.
- The application will download and install. Continue initial setup below.
- Find the Remote Desktop program from your Start menu, desktop or taskbar
Remote Desktop icon on Start Menu
Remote Desktop icon on Desktop
Remote Desktop icon on Taskbar
- Click on the “+ Add” button, then “Remote resources”
- Type in “https://gateway.augsburg.edu” (without quotes) in the feed URL. Click “Find feeds”
- Click the “+” icon to add your user account:
- Type in AD\username (but with your username)
Type in your Augsburg password. Click “Save”
- Select your user account from the “User account” field if not already selected, then click “Add feed”:
- To start your remote session Double-click either
- Remote Labs - same software as on-campus computer labs (SPSS, HyperResearch, etc)
- Remote Work Desktop - includes Agresso, etc
- When you are done using Remote Desktop, click the Windows button, then the person icon, and choose “Sign Out”
Additional Remote Desktop Features and Tips
- Once you’ve started a remote desktop session you can get back to your desktop programs by hovering your cursor in the top right corner of the remote desktop screen and click the “Minimize” icon
- To use make the remote desktop window smaller so that you can both see your remote desktop and your local computer applications hover your cursor in the top right corner of the remote desktop screen and click on “Restore” or “Restore Down” icon
- If the window looks stretched or has scroll bars you can change a setting in Remote Desktop before starting your next session:
- Click the “Settings” button at the top of the remote desktop screen.
- Under “When resizing the app” select “Stretch the content, preserving aspect ratio”
- This version of Remote Desktop does not currently support access to local drives (such as your computer’s hard drive) in the remote desktop session. As a work-around, you can use your Google Drive as a go-between. Open your browser and navigate to Google Drive. You can drag files or folders from your desktop directly into your Google drive for easy access. To save files or folders from your Google drive to your computer right click on the file or folder and choose “Download”
Go Link: http://go.augsburg.edu/remotelab