Westside Children’s Therapy is a leading provider of pediatric therapy in Illinois. Westside's services include physical, occupational, speech, behavior, feeding, and neurofeedback therapy to children with developmental disabilities. Westside operates private therapy clinics in the suburbs of Chicago.
Westside has grown substantially in recent years - developing from a small family business into a mid-sized company. Growth has been steadily strong with the company expanding 40% year-over-year for the last 4 years. This has created an urgent need for new levels of Administrative support, including this new Patient Service Representative role.
Westside Core Values & Beliefs
1. RELATIONSHIPS - Westside believes in helping its patients families feel supported, so much that patients consider Westside an extended member of their family and the clinic a second home.
2. TEAMWORK - Westside believes in the power of teamwork. We work together respectfully and refrain from actions that take away from becoming a more cohesive team. Our teams work together to provide the best possible, end-to-end experience.
3. COMMUNICATION - Westside believes in continuous improvement through constructive feedback and open communication. We feel comfortable identifying opportunities for Westside to get better, and we communicate ideas with a positive, forward-thinking attitude. We always communicate professionally and proactively.
4. GROWTH - Westside believes in growth both for employees as individuals and over the long term, of the organization. Without growth, we restrict the collective impact we can have on children in need.
5. ATTITUDE - Westside believes in creating a "work hard, have fun" culture where employees genuinely enjoy coming to work and being part of the Westside family. Each employee's attitude positively strengthens the culture.
6. INITIATIVE - Westside values action and decisiveness over inaction. We neither let issues linger nor emptily complain. Instead, we develop solutions and act.
7. EFFICIENCY - Westside does not exist to maximize profit, yet we must nonetheless be an efficient, productive, and profitable business, or else we limit our ability to achieve our purpose.
Westside Children's Therapy provides high quality pediatric therapy and fosters a family-centered environment.
Company Current Mission
Westside's current mission is to become the most respected and admired pediatric therapy company in the Chicagoland area. Amid growth, Westside will remain vigilant in prioritizing our sole purpose of providing the highest quality pediatric therapy experience.
Our culture is non-negotiable. We love it too much. If you are uncomfortable with anything we do, that’s okay. We might not be the best fit for you. But if you read this and jump with excitement, then let’s talk. This is who we are:
- We laugh a lot at work and think that work without laughing feels too empty
- We take our jobs seriously but not ourselves
- We sometimes forget that “our kids” are not really our kids
- We get really excited about throwing a Halloween party in our parking lot every year
- We provide stipends for coworkers to go out to dinner together
- We don’t like big egos or people feeling like “their status” makes them exceptional – we view ourselves as an equal team all fighting for the same thing: great quality of care
- We occasionally hide links to “Rick Roll” videos in our email chains
- Sometimes we play oversized Jenga before we leave the office on our early release Fridays
- We seem to have a strange proclivity for pranks
- We once had a staff meeting interrupted by a singing woman dressed in a chicken suit (people shrugged off that experience alarmingly quickly)
- We are almost universally Blackhawks fans and will go to games for staff events
- One of our favorite staff events is going to a Cubs rooftop for a game even though half the time is spent stopping for bathroom breaks on the way there
- Our co-workers are our friends
- We are authentic
- We hug a lot
- We think big
- We are willing to be vulnerable and give/receive feedback frequently
- We think of ourselves as a “Team of Teams” – inspired by a book from our monthly book club
- We are solution oriented, not complaint-oriented
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we openly admit to our mistakes
- We are proactive and prefer action over inaction
- We treat all disciplines and teams as equal – that especially includes our billing and admin teams. They rock just as much as our therapists.
- We live with deep passion – if you’re going to spend the majority of your week doing something, you might as well spend that time making a huge impact!
Patient Service Representative Position
- Excellent interpersonal skills - an ability to build relationships quickly with others,. You will be the face of Westside and interacting with all patients, families, and employees that walk in the door.
- Outstanding organizational skills - an ability to organize and keep track of hundreds of patients, new and current. each month and to effectively know which ones require action and communication
- Effective communication skills- an ability to engage positively with parents, therapists, supervisors, and billing/intake/referral team. Remain over-communicative with parents and staff with patient matters.
- Have a strong ethical and moral compass - having instincts to always do right by patients, and to never stray from the business’s core mission of helping families and employees
- Have an enormous sense of possibility and an unwavering can-do attitude - a challenge should excite you. We are looking for problem-solvers who are eager to “figure out a way” when given problems to solve.
- Have a genuine passion for helping families with children with special needs - if knowing that your efforts are impacting the lives of children with special needs doesn’t truly warm your heart, then this is NOT the role for you. These families are trusting us with their most precious part of their lives, and we need to find fulfillment in that we’re helping them.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills - an ability to formulate ways to solve issues and with an instinct to try fixing the issue first before asking for help
- Humility - an inclination to give credit to others when things go well and to look to self as a possible source of blame when things go wrong
- Be tech Savvy – Must be comfortable using online tools and computers in general
Patient Service Representative Responsibilities
Responsibility #1: Manage Patient Scheduling
- Responsible for scheduling appointments into electronic appointment system
- Handle all changes in scheduling of appointments
- Notify patients of cancellation concerns and applicable fees
Responsibility #2: Updating and Maintaining Patient Information
- Ensure that all referrals, scripts, and authorizations are current and valid
- Keeps all patient information up to date and accurate
- Makes sure all patient forms are current
- Manage all patient charts and keep them organized
- Be responsible for making sure all evaluations and progress notes are faxed to the appropriate physicians and returned in a timely manner
Responsibility #3: Handle Patient Inquiries and Phone Calls
- Collect co-pays and patient payments from patients in person
- Answer patient questions about Westside services
- MUST have a welcoming, kid-friendly attitude that represents the spirit of a caring, pediatric therapy clinic.
Responsibility #4: Assist with Patient Intake Process
- Be responsible for scheduling all new patient evaluations and basic benefit verification
- Responsible for scheduling patients’ ongoing treatment sessions
- Contact physicians to ensure that patient evaluations have been received
Responsibility #5: Maintain Upkeep of Clinic
- Responsible for general upkeep of the office
- Responsible for making sure office supplies are stocked
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications
Please email resumes to:
Additional company information may be found at