Hackathon FAQ Sheet
- Any event of any duration where people come together to solve problems A celebration of creative problem solving.
- What is this year’s project for the Hackathon?
- Use innovative technology designs to solve a problem that you have either personally experienced or seen in your home, school, or community.
- What grade levels can enter for the Hackathon?
- Students in K-12 may enter and present for the Hackathon.
- What are the due dates for the Hackathon?
- November 1st Sign up Deadline
- December 4 Project Check in Due
- December 6 Bring your project and display/presentation to judging
- December 9 Winners announced at CS Night!
- My project is a big machine that I can not build...what should I do?
- Bring a model or drawing of your project. You do not need to bring in a real live working example to judging. You can explain about how you would build or create your project in your display/presentation when presenting your project to the judges.
- I want to work in a group is there a limit to the number of people in my group?
- The limit of group size is 4 people to a group.
- I have to do a science project for my school can I use a Hackathon project for my science project?
- Yes! SARSEF has included computer science as a category. There are many categories these projects can fall in. See the SARSEF website for information.