Scanning for PDF - Xerox 3615
Scanning to Make an Accessible PDF
The purpose of these instructions are to provide guidelines for producing the highest quality scan to make and accessible PDF document. The Xerox Workcentre 3615 and 6605 have the same screens.
1. It does not appear that log in is necessary on this multi-function-device (MFD).
Image of the Home screen on the Xerox 3615. There are six main tasks presented in two columns. They are, (by column, in order from top-bottom) Copy, Scan To..., Print from... (column 1), and Email, Fax, ID Card copy (column 2).
2. Select the Email option on the home screen. Add your email address to the To: field.
In order to ensure that the quality of the resulting scan will be as high as possible there are three settings we need to check and/or change. They are:
3. Select the Quality tab, Color, then set the color setting to Grayscale.
Image of the scan color setting with Grayscale highlighted.
4. Select the Quality tab, Resolution, and then adjust the resolution to 300 dpi.
Image of the resolution setting.
5. Navigate to the OpCheck to make sure that the document format is set to PDF.
Image of the Options tab with the file format settings.
6. Once these settings have been addressed you may click the green start button on the MFD to scan and email your document.
Once back at your machine you may download the document and open the document in Adobe Acrobat Pro for further editing. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Pro and would like it installed on your machine, please submit a request through SchoolDude.