AAWCC Oregon State Board Meeting Minutes
August 26, 2020 - 12pm to 2pm
Members Attended: Lisa Fletcher-Gordon (VP - Finance), Sydney Frost (VP-OILD), Kristina Holton (VP-Registration), Donna Lewelling (President), Adrienne Ochs (VP-Summer Conference), Teri Olsen (President-Elect), Lydia Rediske (VP-Web Development), Lauren Smith (VP- Records), Donna Zmolek (VP-Communications), Amber Fultz (VP - Special Projects), and Irene Carillo (VP - Special Projects)
Meeting ID: 958 6113 5522
- Call to Order
- Agenda Changes and Additions
- Minutes Approval - July 30, 2020
- Motion to approve - Teri Olsen, 2nd Lisa Fletcher-Gordon - All in Favor. Motion carried.
- Ongoing Item: Treasurer Report
- Business Meeting in the fall includes a more formal report
- Ongoing report could include: Balance (Checking and CV), Expenses and Revenue, Report for Current Year vs. Previous Year,
- ACTION ITEM: Donna Z. will email Cherie to request old Budget Reports and CC Lisa - There may also be a template in the Google Docs folder
- Balance (Checking) : $31,679.66
- Expenses: $371.41
- Still waiting on an invoice from the State, to go towards National dues. Lisa has reached out to Lynn and Cherie for updates - Cherie may have a good contact for this.
- ACTION ITEM: Do we have an active WePay account? Kristina H. will contact Heather W. to determine whether or not the WePay account was renewed or discontinued. Kristina will email group with any updates.
- Review Summer Conference Feedback
- How do we want to share the feedback to the presenters, upon request? Kristina will synthesize and prepare to be disseminated.
- Overall, feedback was largely positive for the event - There were 26 total responses.
- Teri - Be mindful about including the participant’s identity, when feedback is forwarded on.
- For future conferences, consider emailing multiple reminders about feedback and maybe immediately the event.
- Bottle and Bottega can host a virtual event, but it will be a little more expensive due to shipping costs at $49/participant. Looking at a start time of 6pm, to accommodate folks who are needing to Homeschool.
- Donna L. also reached out to Angela McMann and Carol Ford re: music for the event - Carol indicated that she is able to be at the fall conference.
- Discussion on keeping registration open a little later, since the conference will be virtual - Maybe until a day or two before the event.
- If we get pre-assigned breakout room preferences ahead of time, we could preload. If participants don’t indicate preference, we could assign them at the event. Should we be concerned about breakout sessions ending and potentially cutting things off? Breakout management at this level could be time consuming.
- If we did have separate zoom links for the breakout sessions, we could include all of this information on the website or separate Google Site.
- Sydney/Adrienne: Our conference theme could lead to “teasers” (i.e. articles, videos, etc.) that could be sent out to promote registration and interest. We should also consider connecting to participants/devotees from the summer conference. How can we capitalize on the momentum?
- Theme - 2020: The Year We’ve Been Waiting For?!
- ACTION ITEM: Send suggestions for possible keynote presenters - We need 2 for 30 min. Each
- Each college will nominate one Excellence Award Winner - ACTION ITEM: Donna L. will send Teri last year’s correspondence, as a template to use.
- February Virtual Session/Workshop Plans
- There is interest in pursuing a simplified workshop or lunch n’ learn in February, just to keep us at top of mind. Focus currently on Fall Conference, but will review this possibility later in fall.
- Additional Campus Contact Communications or Campus Ambassadors (Adrienne/Donna) - Could include more regular connection to local AAWCC chapters - Re-establishing and strengthening the Campus Ambassadors.
- Mentorship Follow-Up - Tabled for Next Time
- Continue Fall Conference Planning
- February Workshop
- Mentorship Follow-Up