#227 - Into the Nexus: “Into the Core”
• Garrett • Kyle
Intro: Welcome to Into the Nexus! The Heroes of the Storm podcast!
Balance Update 7/25
Sally Whitemain is our next hero! You can see her spotlight directly following the first game of tomorrows HGC games. Thats the 27th of July.
There was a large balance patch this week, with buffs to Alarak and Kealthas, Nerfs to Fenix, Genji, Tracer, Diablo, Blaze, Malfurion, Raynor and Yrel
As well as interesting reworks for Hanzo, Azmodan and Artanis.
We will discuss the impact of those particular changes next week when garrett returns. This week,
- Auto Attack Alarak
- Basic Ability Damage Kael’thas
- Basic Attack Fenixi
- Swift Strike Genji
- Tracer Burst Damage
- Diablo Lightning Breath Nerf
- Blaze size up to that of ETC
- Neural Stimpack only affects basic abilities (and not itself)
- Deckard Healing per potion reduced by 11 and Ancient Blessing nerf
- Banshee damage reduced
- Ace in the Hole from 20% to 30%
- Smart nerf to Unstable Compound allowing for only one un-inspired Pepper attack
- Nerf to most popular talents
- Ardent Defender Cooldown up
- 16 Templar Verdict gives you 4% giant killer
- Basic Attack damage is up
- Sonic Arrow - Reveal duration and radius reduced
- Natural Ability cooldown increased by 5 seconds
- New Level 1 Talent : Rejuvenation - 5 per health per reactive growth
- Ice Block is gone!
Azmodan Rework Re-balance
- Azmodan's win rate has slowly crept up as players get the hang of his rework, but we feel his PvE inclined elements are less impactful then we'd like.
Artanis Rework of sorts
- We saw an opportunity to give Artanis some more competitive talents, particularly on his later tiers. Our goal with these changes was to create some different playstyles and synergies between his talents, and to give him a little more punch as the game goes on and the enemy team becomes more capable of locking him down.
- Level 4 - Psionic Synergy - Gives 15 Armor on a successful Phase Prism
- Phase Bulwark 50 spell armor lasts 2 seconds after shields expire
- Titan Killers works off of Twin Blades
- Zealot Charge moved to 20
Frustration Clean Up
- Blunt Force Gun no longer deals damage to structures
- Surging Dash no longer grands Unstoppable
Patreon Mention: Patreon.com/ITN
Thanks to our Patreon producers Declan H and CheezyBob.
Welcome to our new Patron Producer Pythagos!
Next Thursday will be our August Patron Hangout! Sign ups will go up soon after this podcast is posted! Looking forward to playing games will you all soon
This show often focuses on Hero League and solo-play. We do get a lot of emails about team play, what roles are required, how to coordinate, chain of command and shotcall.
Well this week, I have with me my entire Team League team. An elite group of Podcasters from both The Core Podcast on the frogpants network and the now retired Heroes Forge podcast on the Amove Network.
This team is rather unique, not only are they all long time blizzard fans, when we started our team in the Fall of 2016, we represented the entire range of leagues from Bronze to Diamond.
The Team :
Let’s start with the foundation of any good group, the front line.
The Sick Swapper, A Hell of a Hooker and Local Tasty Boy : Jon Jagger
- What is your roster?
- Are there any situations that lead you to pick a certain tank or bruiser for the group?
- We ran you as sustain DPS assassin for a long while, when do you feel like Tanking really clicked for you.
- As someone who actively pursued improving, what was it like leveling up?
- If someone’s looking to tank, what advice would you give them?
Next up, the support. Because where would be without our healz.
The Bartender, Warning Whooper and Master of Shapes : Scott Johnson
- What’s your roster?
- What attracted you to that particular group of supports?
- When we started out, you were in Bronze. What has been like ranking up and facing tougher opponents.
- If someone’s looking to heal, what advice would you give them?
In our final required spot on the team
The Minister of Camps, The Map Manager and Lead Objective Correspondent : Kristen Ashton
- What’s your roster?
- Of all of our players, you seem to be the most affected by the meta. Why do you think that is?
- Any advice for taking a camp solo?
- If someone’s looking to bruiser, what advice would you give them?
Of course, towards the end of the draft, we have to react to the enemies picks and this wouldn’t be possible without a player who plays a lot a lot of heroes.
The Secret Agent, The Worth It Warmonger and Whimsical Filler : Beau Schwartz
- How would you describe what it is you do?
- As our fill and often final pick, what do you mainly look to capitalize on
- If you had mains for our group, what do you feel that are?
- When is it worth it?
- If someone’s looking to dps, what advice would you give them?
Solo Lanes :
One of the best things about playing with a consistent team is knowing that all lanes will be covered without argument.
- Kristen, as the first to solo lane, what is your primary goal?
- Beau, also manages our solo lanes, particularly on Braxis Holdout. what's your advice for the solo lane.
The Happy Couple :
- Jon and Scott take the middle in a tanky two man we call the happy couple.
- What is your goal there?
The Distraction, The Bait
- Question for Beau John and Kristen : When do you know when to get crazy? Or Sacrifice yourself to let others out
Questions for the Group :
- We’ve all ranked up since we joined up. What has improving felt like to you?
- As our shot caller, what would you say I say the most?
- How has the team given you feedback and what is the best way to give that feedback?
- If you had to describe your team, what heroes would you put everybody on.
- What has been your favorite meta?
- What do you think has been the most difficult strategy to pull off?
- How do you get through the rough games?
- If someone out there is looking to build a team, what type of players should you look for?
- Mu question is since we have Genn Greymane and soon Inquisitor Whitemane. What characters out there have a color, then the word "mane" after it ? Could we expect a Captain Purlpemane perhaps. Or maybe a General Bluemane.
- I would like to know how Scott feels about solo laning when the team is off doing things on the map. As a support I usually get left alone and start freaking out
Were not only a Heroees Team, were a Dungeons and Dragons Podcast.
Patreon Shout Out
ITN is supported by our badass Patrons. You can become a ITN Patron by going to Patreon.com/itn.
Thanks to our Patreon producers Declan H and CheezyBob. ITN shirt at shirts.amove.tv. Coffee mugs and glasses are over at etched.amove.tv.
Catch the live show Thursday at 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific on Twitch.tv/Amovetv. Mobile live stream provided by Alpha Geek Radio.
Follow the show on Twitter @ITNcast and ITNpodcast.reddit.com.
Thanks to Gorath for our intro music and briangriffithmusic.com (@briangriffith) for our outro..
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
The Angry Chicken: A Hearthstone Podcast
The Angry Nerd