Directions for Becoming Parent Observer in Canvas Course
- Go to http://mcboe.instructure.com. You will see the Madison County Board of Education Logo.
- Use your student’s username and password to logon. Your child’s course or homeroom teacher can provide this information to you.
- Go to Account and choose Settings
- Look for this menu on the right side (you will probably need to scroll down).
- Choose Pair with Observer.
- Write down or copy the code. It is only good for 24 hours.
- Log out of your student’s account by clicking account on the left navigation menu and clicking logout.
- Click on Parent of a Canvas User? message.
- Test your login. You should see your student’s courses under your Courses link on the left side.
- If you forget your password, you can click on the link to have a reset password link sent to you.
If you have any questions, please contact our Canvas Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.