Honey Balsamic Pear Salad
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups of grilled chicken strips
- 1 onion
- 1 pear
- 1 bag of spinach (~4 cups)
- 1/2 cup of sweetened almonds or walnuts (honey roasted will do, I used coconut praline coated from LIDL)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice onion, place in a skillet over low heat. Let onions cook slowly so they caramelize. You can add honey or butter to enhance sweetness.
- While onions cook, slice the pear long ways and then cut slices in half.
- Add cooked grilled chicken to a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix until chicken is covered in dressing.
- Place spinach into salad bowl. Top with pear, almonds, chicken, caramelized onion and goat cheese.
- Whisk remaining balsamic vinegar and honey together and toss with salad. Add more dressing if desired and salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!