We are writing on behalf of the North South Foundation (NSF), Seattle Chapter to request your sponsorship of our Educational Contests.
North South Foundation (NSF), non-profit organization established in 1989. Non-Profit Organization ID: 36-3659998 www.northsouth.org. NSF focuses on academic excellence by providing college scholarship to exceptionally qualified and needy students in *India* regardless of their religion, gender, caste or geographic origin. NSF conducts educational contests in US among Indian American children to encourage academic merit. With the funds raised from the student registration of these contests, the scholarships for poor children are provided in India.
Pledge Request Summary
• NSF (non-profit org) hosts educational competition targeted at students in Kindergarten through 12th grade to foster academic excellence.
• We are targeting to have over 600 participants (in grades 1 through 12) across 15 events at this year Seattle regionals at Bellevue College, Bellevue on 7th and 8th of April 2018.
• We are soliciting sponsorship to cover the cost of hosting the event. The estimated cost for hosting the event is about $5k that covers items such as facilities, awards, printing, and t-shirt for volunteers.
• We will be recognizing the supporters at the event as well as at our website. In addition, the logo of anyone who is sponsoring at a level above $250, will be included in the volunteer T-shirt.
North South Foundation - Mission
North South Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 1989 thats focuses on academic excellence by
• providing college scholarship to exceptionally qualified and needy students in India regardless of their religion, gender, caste or geographic origin
• conducting educational contests in US among Indian American children to encourage academic merit
NSF has distributed, in the academic year 2015-2016, more than 2,000 scholarships to students who needed financial support to pursue their quest for knowledge in engineering, medicine, polytechnic, science and other fields.
NSF conducts educational/bee contests annually in two steps: Regional event across 85 NSF chapters in the US and National Finals event. Kids who qualify from the regional chapters get to participate in the National event. Over 1000 kids participate at nationals. Some of the NSF children have achieved top ranks in the Scripps National Spelling Bee, MATHCOUNTS, National Science Bowl and National Geographic Bee. Seattle Chapter has been formed in 2007 and we have been hosting the regional bee competition since then.
Regional Bee is a two-day event holding eight different contests and award ceremony on day two in the late afternoon. This year Seattle regional event will be held on April 7th and 8th at Bellevue College, Bellevue, Washington. The categories are spelling, vocabulary, math, science, geography, brain, essay writing, and public speaking with couple of levels in each category totaling to 18 events. First, second and third place winners in each event will receive trophies for their performance.
Please help us inspire the kids reach their academic excellence by providing funds in the form of a grant or by donating goods and services. We will be acknowledging your support in our social media activities including but not limited to Facebook, Website as well as at the day of the event. This will be in addition to tax-exempt certificate we provide for your support.
North South Foundation:
Non-Profit Organization ID: 36-3659998-501(C)(3)