Kingdom of Ealdormere – Privy Council Meeting
June 29, 2019, 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM
Meeting called by TRM & Lars
TRM Roak and Hyrrokin, TRH Kaylah and Trumbrand, Seneschal (Lars), Exchequer (Jane), Clerk Register (Henry), Trillium Herald (Rylyn), Kingdom Chronicler (Evan), Lawspeaker (Nicolaa)
Earl Marshal (Menken), Minister of Arts and Sciences (Xristina)
Welcome from Their Majesties & Kingdom Seneschal
- TRM thanked everyone for attending the meeting
- Mahhild had an issue with a site who did not think that the Society insurance policy was valid in Canada. This has been reported to Society and they are looking into it with their insurer.
- Caldrithing KA&S is set for 21 March 2020, but that date may not be good. It may be moved back a week.
- Les Beltaines
- 5 Ealdormerians attended this year (it’s between Montreal and Quebec City)
- The East has expressed interest in growing the event
- They are willing to make it a war event between East and Ealdormere as primaries
- They are willing to commit that it does not conflict with Melee
- Gwendolyn is spearheading this, approached Lars to see if there is interest in discussing further at Pennsic with Sir Mohammed
- 1st step would be to see if more Ealdormerians will attend in 2020
- Another war event between Melee, Trillium War and Pennsic may be a hard sell
- Especially since it’s a long drive with Pennsic not far after
- People’s resources are getting stretched thin in the event season, so this new and non-traditional event may be the one that suffers first
- Consensus is that it doesn’t hurt to talk about it
- Would like to make it Kingdom policy that all officers at all levels use a Google account for office business
- Either the Clerk-Register or Kingdom Seneschal would be the recovery address
- Some hassle to set it up in the beginning, but we would reap several benefits:
- First, all correspondence and paperwork will be kept and stored for future officers to reference.
- Second, when the office changes hands, the Lord Clerk-Register won't have to update various email addresses in forms and/or mailing lists.
- Third, should there be a need to recover an office email, the Kingdom Seneschal and/or the Lord Clerk-Register will be able to do so (and all of the correspondence associated with the account - assuming the officer didn't deliberately delete everything).
- Generally agreed that this is a good idea
- Lars suggested that we may want to look into Gsuite for nonprofits, which would give us even better control when passwords are lost and such.
- Currently we pay $7.50 per draft for Society
- We have to send photos of the receipts and proof of mailing
- It’s an expensive hassle
- There is a policy for using PayPal at the Kingdom level
- Society exchequer has asked Kingdoms to submit proposals for PayPal usage
- Kingdoms must ask to be invited
- We have no word yet on acceptance
- Hopefully this will happen during Jane’s tenure
- We’ll want to look at the PayPal cost (~2%) and what its impact on events would be
- Note that we can’t use this for at-gate collections. There is a policy there and Ealdormere is not part of the program.
Trillium Herald (Rylyn)
- Suggest to remove the section of the Herald’s handbook on page 21
- "Pursuivants and heralds at large should forward their Domesday Reports to Trillium on or before January 1st. Note - pursuivants and heralds at large do not need to be paid members."
- This contravenes Corpora which states that all officers must be members.
- Heralds at Large are much like Marshals at Large; both need to report and be members
- Motion voted on, carried unanimously.