]2019 Verona Little League Mid-Summer Classic Tournament Rules – 13U Division
No player will be 14 years old or older before April 30, 2019. Team rosters are limited to 15 players. Teams must provide birth certificates to the tournament director upon request. Failure to do so will result in disqualification with no refund.
This tournament is played on a fully regulation field of play: 60’6” pitching distance and 90’ base paths.
Bats must meet either the USA or BBCOR Bat Standards.
Games will be 7 innings or 1:40 time limit. No new inning may start if the time is later than 1:40 from the start time. Time limits apply to all games. Games are in 2-hour slots.
If the score is tied after 7 innings or at the time limit, the game will end in a tie. The Championship Game will not end in a tie. Mercy rule is 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings, and 8 runs after 5 innings.
Home team is official scorekeeper and visitors will operate the scoreboard.
WIAA rules apply with some exceptions.
- Pitchers allowed 7 innings max per tournament – 1 pitch in an inning qualifies as an inning. Use good judgment in pitcher use.
- LINEUP OPTIONS – you can do one of the following and note that using a DH is not allowed; the option you choose must be declared with the opposing coach in the brief pre-game meeting:
- Bat entire lineup: bat the roster & have free subs in the field, batting order does not change.
- Use 9 players: starters can re-enter one time; a pitcher removed from the pitching position cannot return to the pitching position during a game, but can re-enter to any other position – starters must replace the same player who replaced them (and bat in the same position in the batting order where they were batting originally). The player coming back out of the game then cannot play for the rest of the game.
- Outs will not be taken for a missed spot in the order for an injured player.
- In all games, a coin flip will determine home team.
- Once a pitcher has been removed, he may not pitch again in that game.
- Courtesy Runners (CR) may be used for Catcher at any time (so may be used prior to 2 outs). Last out is CR if batting entire lineup. If NOT batting entire lineup, CR must be one of the players not currently in the batting order.
- Each team will get one balk warning each game and then they will be called. 1 free trip to mound per inning per pitcher, 2nd trip must remove pitcher.
- BATS: may not exceed 34” in length and the bat barrel may not exceed 2 5/8” in diameter.
- Winning team coach will report the final score of the game and innings completed.