GOLD HILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
LOST & DAMAGED LIBRARY BOOK POLICY
● Lost and damaged library book fees will now be paid in ACORN.
● If a GHES Media Center barcode or book cover is ripped, marked over or otherwise
becomes unreadable and must be replaced the student will be charged a $1.00
replacement cost to cover supplies.A notice will be sent home stating the reason for the
fee being charged and the name of the book. The fee will post immediately to ACORN.
● Please do not purchase a replacement copy of the book. Our hardcover books are
library-bound books that are purchased through a library vendor, and the bindings are
made for heavy library use.
● A library notice for a damaged book will be sent home with the student. A book is
considered damaged if it is no longer suitable for checkout due to water damage, stains,
ripped pages, or other physical damage to the book. The notice will state the damage to
the book as well as the replacement cost. The damaged book fee will post immediately
● A library notice for an overdue book will be sent home with the student. The notice will
state the title, replacement cost and the due date of the book. A two month grace period
will begin with the issuing of the overdue notice. The two month grace period will give the
student additional time to locate and return the book to the library. If you know for certain
that the book is lost, contact Mrs. Prince at email@example.com and the lost
book fee will be added to ACORN immediately for online payment.
● After the two month grace period has ended, the book will be assumed to be lost and the
lost book fee will be posted in ACORN. A library notice will be sent home with the
student making you aware the lost book fee has posted in ACORN. The fee is expected
to be paid at this time.
● Exceptions to the above: In order to close out the school year and the library account,
the grace period to find a lost book and for the lost book fee to be posted in ACORN for
books lost during April and May will be less than the two month period.