We sincerely hope you enjoy your classes this weekend! This document contains important links, useful tutorials, and helpful information.
Table of contents
Help, I can’t join my class!
- We expect students to be respectful and mindful of each other in all their classes. Please keep things appropriate for everyone in the group and don’t spam the chat. If you feel like there has been a violation of this in a class you are in, you can anonymously report it above. You can also report if a non-student has made you uncomfortable in any way.
- individual surveys for each class you are in, which you can fill out after the last session of each class
- the general program survey, which you can fill out at the end of the entire program
- Help Desk Zoom Room: https://esp.mit.edu/helpdesk.
This is open 10AM-5PM Eastern Time all three Saturdays of the program
- Call the Help Desk hotline:
1. Dial +1 646 558 8656.
2. When asked for a meeting ID, enter 990 4555 5022#
3. When asked for participant ID, press #
- Email us at email@example.com
- Zoom is the video calling platform used as the digital “classrooms” in Spark 2021.
- If you have a Zoom account, change the Zoom name to match your full name as it appears on the ESP website, even if it does not match your real name. There are instructions in the Spark Zoom Guide. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to change your ESP website name to match your real name.
- If you don’t have a Zoom account, type your full name as it appears on the ESP website when you join the meeting.
- More Zoom help for Spark 2021 can be found at https://esp.mit.edu/zoomguide
Help, I can’t join my class!
First, please make sure that your name matches your name on the website (as described on the zoom guide). If your name is correct and you are still not let into your class 5 minutes after it begins, contact us.
- You can remove classes and add classes that have open space on the Onsite Page, the same place you view your schedule.
- You can change your classes any time during the three weeks of the program (including in between Saturdays).
- To contact your teachers outside of class, use our class mailing lists. For example, to email the teachers for the class with the code M12345, your teachers' email will be M12345email@example.com.
- Some of your larger classes may be formatted as Zoom webinars.
- In a Zoom Webinar, you won’t be able to turn on your video or unmute yourself. Instead, you’ll have access to a “Q&A” function, which looks similar to the chat. Please ask any questions there!
- Check out Spark Zoom backgrounds at https://esp.mit.edu/zoombackgrounds
- If you’re enjoying Spark, consider purchasing the official Spark 2021 T-Shirt at https://esp.mit.edu/sparktshirt! The T-shirts will be sold at $17.12 (including shipping and handling) and will be sold until Sunday March 28th at 11:59 EST.
- If you’re interested in signing up for similar programs run by other schools, take a look at this page!
- If you’re interested in winning some cute aardvark plushies this weekend, you can write for ESP’s blog, The Ripple by emailing a submission to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 1st. We’ll be sending plushies to the creators of select blog entries, so get creating!