Online Ordering Instructions - Desktop
These instructions will walk you through how to place an order in the Cakery Online Store from a computer. If you are ordering from a mobile device such as a phone or tablet, please see Online Ordering Instructions - Mobile instead.
Getting to the Cakery Online Store Site
The Cakery Online Store site is separate from the Cakery’s standard website (though you can access the Online Store from the Cakery website). There are several ways to get to the Cakery Online Store:
- Option 1 - Go to the Cakery website at https://www.thecakerybakery.net and on the Cakery homepage, mouse over the Order item in the menu at the top and click Pickup from the menu that appears:
- Option 2 - Go to the Cakery website at https://www.thecakerybakery.net and scroll down slightly to find the large Order Online button and click that button:
- Option 3 - Go directly to https://www.thecakerybakery.net/order/ in your browser and you will be automatically redirected to the Cakery Online Store site.
Placing an Order on the Cakery Online Store
Once you have reached the Cakery Online Store site using one of the methods above, you’re ready to add items and place your order! Please follow the below instructions to place your order.
Finding Items in the Online Store
- In the Cakery Online Store, you will see a menu of items across the top which you can use to navigate to the type of item you would like to order:
- For example, if you would like to order a Ready-to-go cake, mouse over Cakes then click Ready-to-go Cakes and you will be auto-scrolled to that section of the page:
Personalizing and Adding An Item to Your Cart
- Click on the item you would like to order to be taken to the item page:
- On the item page, the description may provide detailed instructions or important information so be sure to read it before choosing your options:
- Select your pickup date from the Select Your Pickup Date drop-down list and then enter your desired pickup time on that date (within the hours specified for the date you selected) in the specified field:
NOTE: If your desired pickup date is within the next 15 weeks and you don't see the date in the Select Your Pickup Date list, then the item is unfortunately not available for that date.
- Many items can be personalized with options provided on the item page, such as cake flavor, design element selections, a written message, etc:
- Some personalizations may be required, such that you can’t add the item to your cart until you make a selection.
- Some personalizations are not required and are designated as optional, such as the Design choice in the above image.
- If you are unsure what the design elements that you can choose from might look like, be sure to look through all of the pictures on the item page, as we have attempted to include examples with labels on choose-a-design items.
NOTE: The possible personalizations differ from one item to another.
- Once you have made all of your personalization selections, click the Add to Cart button to add the item to your cart:
- The site will display your shopping cart. If you are ready to check out click the Continue to cart button, otherwise simply click anywhere outside of the cart pop-up to continue shopping:
- You can see your shopping cart again at any time by mousing over the small shopping cart icon in the upper right corner:
- Once you have added all of the items to your shopping cart that you would like to purchase, you’re ready to checkout! Go to the initial checkout screen by clicking on the shopping cart icon or mousing over it and clicking the Continue to cart button as previously described.
- Double-check all of the items in your cart are correct and then click the Checkout button:
- You will now be on the final Checkout page:
- Enter your Contact and Payment information in the relevant fields and then click the Place Order button:
- Once your order has been placed, an email confirmation for your order will be sent to the email address you provided. You’re all done!
- When it is time to pick up your order, we understand that you may get delayed on your pickup day, so you can pick up your order any time after the desired pick-up time that you entered, until closing time that day (5pm on Tues and Wed, 6pm on Thurs and Fri, 3pm on Sat), without having to notify us!
What About Custom Orders?
I’m glad you asked! Custom orders are now exclusively initiated via our online store, by purchasing a reservation with a deposit for the date on which you want to pick up the custom order. Please follow the below instructions to initiate a custom order via the Cakery Online Store.
- In the Cakery Online Store, click Custom Orders in the menu selections along the top of the page and you will be auto-scrolled to the Custom Order Reservations section:
- In this section, you will see some important information and just one item called Custom Order Reservation:
- Click that Custom Order Reservation item to be taken to the item page:
- On the reservation item page, first read the description as it contains important information for you to be aware of:
- Scroll down and first choose the date that you want to pick up the custom order from the Select Your Pickup Date list and enter your desired pickup time in the specified field:
NOTE: If your desired pickup date is within the next 15 weeks and you don't see the date in the Select Your Pickup Date list, then custom orders are unfortunately no longer available for that date. If you need to place a custom order more than 15 weeks in advance, please call the shop and leave a voicemail: 314-647-6000.
- Scroll down and fill in the required information for the reservation:
- Cake Size/Number of Servings - If you’re ordering a custom cake and know the size of the cake you want (for example, 10” round) enter it here. Or enter the number of desired servings and our team will work with you to find the right size for your occasion.
- Cake Filling & Flavor - Enter the flavor(s) of cake and cake filling that you would like for your custom order, as applicable. You can find the available flavors on our website at https://thecakerybakery.net/cakes-info/
- Preferred Contact Method (phone or email) - If you have a preference for how we should contact you to work out the details of your custom order, you can optionally tell us the preferred phone number or email address here.
- Once you have entered the required information, click Add to Cart and checkout as described above in the Checking Out section.
- After your order has been placed, a Cakery team member will contact you within 3 business days to discuss the details of your custom order (we are closed on Sundays and Mondays).