Racquetball Information & Rules
- Monday Night Divisions 1-4
- These are not scored
- Plays between 7-9pm
- Wednesday Night Divisions 1-2
- Thursday Night Divisions 1-3
- Divisions are based on previous rankings from the latest leagues and current sign ups.
- Schedules will be emailed to you at the start of the session. There will also be copies at Member Services in the league division folder to take with you.
- You will be e-mailed every two weeks with your next schedule match and time.
- You can access your schedules online on your “Member Portal” as well.
- Access to all your account information, as well as reservations.
- See Member Services for information on how to do so.
- Download the HRC Fitness App. to also get your notifications for scheduled matches.
- You must check in for your match at Member Services. They will then tell you what court you are assigned to.
Match Check-In Procedures
- BOTH players must check in with Member Services that they are there for the league match.
- PLEASE NOTE: Checking in for a match means that you speak with somebody from Member Services to check you in for your reserved court. This does NOT mean you scanned your membership card.
- Failure to check in will result in -1 penalty point against that player.
- Each match is one (1) hour play time and ends promptly on the hour regardless of late start.
- If you do not finish in the hour, player with highest score at that time wins that game.
- Each player is responsible for writing down your own score. Please make sure you do this at Member Services after your match is over.
- If no score is recorded, it will not be scored at all.
- Neither player will get a game won, game lost, or any points.
- Only score the last match if you HAD a tie breaker.
- Specific courts are not guaranteed.
- Each member is responsible for cancelling their own matches.
- If you can not play you MUST call the Club to cancel in addition to your opponent. Failure to do so will result in a Forfeit for the match.
- When cancelling a match you are responsible for contacting your opponent. You must verify that you have contacted them, and they have confirmed they know about the cancellation.
- Any player who does not show, or cancels, 3 times throughout the duration of the league row will be automatically dropped from the league.
- No wins, no points, no lose, no match played
- All matches must be played or made up by the last week of the session.
- Cancelled courts must be made 2 hours before your scheduled time.
- When cancelling please confirm your opponent's first and last name with Member Services.
- If you are rescheduling a makeup match, do so with members services.
- Make sure to tell them it is a RESCHEDULED LEAGUE MATCH.
- Also tell them who your opponent is, this way it is scheduled correctly.
- Make Up matches may be scheduled up to seven (7) days in advance.
Information about forfeited matches.
- A forfeit is defined as a match that was not played due to the fault of one participant.
No Show/No Cancel Policy
- First failure to cancel ahead of time/no show results in -3 penalty points and +3 points to opponent
- From there on out, every no show is a $15 fee AND -3 penalty points with +3 points to opponent
- Any no show game cannot be rescheduled
- See “Cancellation Policies” for scoring, penalty and league drop rules.
- A forfeit may be declared for many circumstances, including, but not limited to the following:
- A participant does not show up for a scheduled match as listed on the schedule and did not let the other participant know in advance he/she was unable to play.
- A participant has made repeated efforts to schedule a past due match but the other participant is unable or unwilling to play the match.
- Player must notify league coordinator (Lisa Medawar) if repeated attempts made. League coordinator will do their best to help reschedule game.
- Play the best 2 out of 3 games.
- Game 1 and game 2 are played to 15 points.
- Game 3 (if necessary) is played to 11 points.
- You need not win by 2 points (15-14 or 11-10 wins the game).
- First serve alternates from game 1 to game 2 regardless of who wins game 1.
- The player who gets the most total points in games 1 and 2 serves first in game 3.
- You must mark your scores on the score sheet at Member Services. If you do not you will get a 0 for that match.
- Neither player will get a game won, game lost, or any points.
- Unless previously arranged, if an opponent has not arrived by the scheduled start time then they are considered to have forfeited the match.
- Player is to tell member services who has not shown.
- It is up to the player who shows up to post a forfeit . The players can also reschedule the match by mutual agreement.
MP- Match Played
PF- Points For
PA- Points Against
PD- Point Difference
PTS- Total Points
3 points when you win in a sweep
2 points when you win in the 3rd game (when necessary)
-3 points if you cancel and do not make up
+1 point for the person cancelled on or forfeited on.
-1 if no score is recorded in league books
- League standings will be posted bi-weekly.
- Should a player drop before the session is over (or be manually dropped due to no shows) ALL scores will become a BYE.
- No wins, no points, no lose
- Session ranking is based on Total points. See point and penalty for details.
Individual league ranking
- Ranking is based solely on percentage of wins in that specific league.
- A player with a higher percentage of wins will be ranked above a player who has a lower percentage of wins.
- If two players have the same percentage of wins but have not completed the same number of matches, then the player who has completed the most matches will be ranked higher than a player who has completed a lesser number of matches.
- For example, if player 1 had won 100% of their matches and had completed 5 matches and player 2 had also won 100% of their matches but had completed only 4 matches, then player 1 would be ranked one position above player 2.
- If tied based on percentage of wins, we will than look at overall points.
- If a player did not play in the previous session they will be placed at the bottom of the last league they played. When we divide the leagues they may or may not play in that division based on the number of players in the divisions.
- Example: Tom played in the summer league. He was in division 2 and placed 2nd. Tom did not participate in the fall league. Tom now wants to play in the winter league. He will be placed at the bottom of the division 2 ranking. If division 2 has 13 players but the winter league is split so that division 2 only has 10 player rotation, players ranked 11,12,13 will be pushed to division 3 with ranking beginning at 1,2 and 3. Tom will now play in division 3 in the 3rd place.
- Division placement- Should your rank match with someone else, we than will look at your OVERALL points scored to see who was higher.
- New players to the league will be placed in the lowest division on the night they are able to play, or in the spot that is available and the league coordinator believes is acceptable.
- When a new player wants to play in a different night.
- Ex: A Thursday night player wants to play on Monday nights.
- League coordinator will look at overall ranking/points as a guide for placement.
- Specific divisions are NOT guaranteed.
- What about forfeits? — Forfeits, that occur during a match will count. For example, if an injury default occurs during your match and play cannot continue and the min two games have not been played then it will be considered a forfeit.
- How do I move up in the rankings? — Rankings change based on end of league results.
Racquet Re-Stringing & maintenance
- Payment must be made up front at the time of drop off.
- Fill out online forum or Paper form at Member Services
- HRCFitness.com under racquetball
- Bring confirmation & racquet to HRC Fitness during business hours.
- Drop off at Member Services
- Get tag from member services to show proof of payment when picking racquet back up when it is finished.
- We will contact you when we receive the racquet back.