Statewide Call, July 3 2019
- Introductions - start section by 6:05-6:10
- Name, Pronouns, What community they’re calling from?
- Check-In question: If you were an animal, what animal would be and why?
- Local updates (Priority)
- Asking the group 2 questions:
- What local things are you working on?
- What local issues are happening / being experienced in your community?
- Note for facilitator: IF they bring up experiencing retaliation from landlord: Email John, the WLIHA member organizer, to document these: email@example.com
- If they want to get in touch to document other instances, email Kiki at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listening Sessions: those are in the works! PRIORITY
- Link to dates: it’s on the Upcoming Events tab on the RAP website (residentactionproject.org)
- Upcoming Sessions - please RSVP if you plan to attend so we can get a head count and make sure to make enough copies of everything!
First United Methodist Church of Tacoma
YWCA Yakima Conference Room (818 W Yakima Ave, Yakima, WA 98902)
Kristina Sawyckyj organizing with Yakima crew
YWCA Ballroom (1026 N Forest St, Bellingham, WA 98225), Ballroom (ADA accessible)
Bridgeview Resource Center (505 Omaha Way, Vancouver, WA 98661)
Ren organizing with Vancouver crew
Renee Kimball & Kristina Sawyckyj
*looking at the end of August*
TBD RAP lead
- The events will be added to the RAP calendar (on Upcoming Events tab on the RAP website residentactionproject.org)
- Get in touch w/ Kiki to iron out details for listening sessions (email@example.com )
- 2020 Legislative Agenda Survey PRIORITY
- Want to offer your feedback to the Housing Alliance on what we should focus on for our next legislative session? Can’t make a listening session?
- There is another way to offer your input for the 2020 Legislative Session, by filling out the Housing Alliance survey! Take the survey here or see below for details.
- Legislative District Lead opportunity
- Want to take your advocacy to the next level in your district? Looking for a new leadership role? Consider becoming a Legislative District Lead with the Housing Alliance!
- What Legislative District Leads do:
- Email, call, and/or meet with state lawmakers to urge action on legislation;
- Build relationships with lawmakers and serve as a trusted source of information;
- Serve as a leader in your district and share advocacy opportunities with your neighbors, families, friends, coworkers, etc.
- Serve as a district lead at Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day in early 2020, exact date coming soon!
- You will also receive support throughout the year from the Housing Alliance to ensure your success! Here is the Role Description.
- If you are interested and want to learn more details about the role, please fill out a brief Interest Form. (we can post this on our facebook page or you can message us to get the link) and John Stovall, Member Organizer, with the Housing Alliance, will follow up with you! Questions in the meantime? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1406 implementation
- No new update, just that more conversations on this are happening at the listening sessions!
- And you can see the webinar on the WLIHA website (resources > webinars tab); https://wliha.org
- RAP Summit dates & location have been chosen!
- Will be in Vancouver on October 11 & 12 (1.5 days)
- Registration will open soon! - more information to come, hoping to have registration link open beginning of August