Application Architect/Lead Engineer, Intersections Inc.
Chantilly, VA (Fully Remote) — November 2016 - Present
- Responsible for application architecture across the Identity Guard With Watson platform
- Worked extensively with multiple departments to intake new revenue opportunities, provide realistic estimates, and determine whether the revenue opportunity was worth the design cost
- Responsible for delivering architectures and leading design sessions across 3 teams to make sure the product was being built in a holistic fashion
- Managed the software engineers as direct reports
- Platform was built completely using AWS and makes extensive use of their managed services. API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS/SQS, Kinesis, and S3 are just a portion of the services that are used that comprises our platform.
- Responsible for delivering features that drive revenue when at the same time working to enhance and strengthen the core platform. Some of this work including strangling a monolith into micro-services as well as migrating existing functionality from a legacy system into the new platform.
Senior Technical Architect, Kenzan Media
Pawtucket, RI — March 2016 - November 2016
- Responsible for delivering in-depth architectures for all Software Engineering Intakes for a fortune 500 cable company’s new software platform
- Responsible for estimation, code quality, and timely delivery of all approved intakes
- All solutions were 100% AWS and Netflix OSS stack (Karyon, archaius, ribbon, hystrix, eureka, java 8)
Lead Architect, Astonish -> Intygral -> Zywave
Warwick, RI — April 2013 - February 2016
- Developed restful API that supports the next generation product comprised of multiple dropwizard stateless restful web services, AMQP message bus, and audit service
- Created dropwizard-routing, extension module for dropwizard/dropwizard, to support routing to multiple databases based on different triggers
- Created metrics-aspectj, extension module for codahale/metrics, which supports placing timers and metrics via aspectj advice
- Created a Virtual Private Cloud in Amazon Web Services comprised of 4 different subnets for development, quality, demo, and production for the next generation product
- Provisioned and maintained all AWS instances and AMIs for the next generation product
- Put-in-place continuous delivery comprised of Jenkins, Nexus, and Docker to all environments in AWS via bash scripts and maestro-ng
- Developed two real-time integrations between Agency Management Systems (AMS360 and Account Management Center)
Team Lead/Senior Software Engineer, Enservio
Needham Heights, MA — March 2009 - April 2013
- Worked very closely with end-users, product management, quality assurance, and systems engineering to deliver quality products to our customers in a timely manner
- Lead engineer for next generation enterprise platform comprised of stateless restful webservices built exclusively using OSS, aggressive caching/filtering components, a rules-engine, and multiple HTML 5 frontends
- Lead engineer for externally facing rest API responsible for third-party claim integration
- Responsible for enhancing and supporting the legacy enterprise platform
- Put-in-place and drove adoption of the continuous integration platform consisting of Jenkins and Nexus
- Developed auto-deployment tool, in spare time, used to deploy all software to all environments, written in Ruby and modeled after Capistrano
- Responsible for phone-screening and interviewing all candidates for the development team
- Member of Engineering Leadership Team which collaborates on roadmaps, architecture, and overall team dynamics
- Developed in Java using Eclipse/SublimeText, GIT/SVN, Ant/Maven, and various open source packages
Member of Technical Staff, Oracle
Providence, RI — July 2006 - March 2009
- Co-designer/architect of the Remote Content Service for Oracle Beehive.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, test cases, and maintenance for all “connectors” packaged with the Remote Content Service, WebDAV and Oracle Universal Content Management.
- Implemented BEECTL (Command-line administration for Oracle Beehive) commands for multiple Oracle Beehive Services: BPEL Workflows, Policies, Event Management, Records Management, and Remote Content Service.
- Assisted in development and maintenance of existing N-tier application built on J2EE technologies for managing workflow and data management associated with content migration.
- Developed performance and code coverage testing framework for entire product using JaMon. Responsible for documenting overall throughput and scalability and verifying documented functionality both client and server side.
- Developed automated web UI testing using open source technologies.
- Developed in Java using Eclipse, CVS, Ant/Maven, and various open source packages
- Languages: Java, Ruby, Python, SQL, Bash
- Data Storage/Cache: MySQL, Memcached, Redis, Solr, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- OSS: Spring DI/AOP, Hibernate, RestEasy, Jackson, JBPM, Drools, JUnit, Mockito, Maven, Ant, Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, Docker, Hystrix, Archaius
- Cloud: AWS (serverless, containerized)
- Java Application Servers: JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty
- Source Control: GIT, SVN, CVS