May 21, 2020
Greetings Campers and Families,
As per the Provincial Government’s announcement on May 19th, 2020, summer day camps will be permitted to take place in July and August as long as the positive COVID-19 numbers continue to decrease. After wondering for the past few months what our summer would look like, we’re super excited about this announcement! We are moving ahead with all scheduled summer camps, unless specified otherwise below.
While we await the guidelines from the government to determine what the safety, capacity restrictions, and sanitation procedures will look like at camp, we do want to address a few items that are important at this time:
- After much deliberation, we have decided to cancel the Grand Sparks camp taking place from July 6-10, 2020. Grand Sparks is a day camp that welcomes grandparents and their grandchildren to experience a morning of camp activities, and finishes with a healthy group lunch daily. Unfortunately, due to seniors being an extremely susceptible demographic of the virus, we feel it is in the best interest of our campers and their families to not move forward with the camp this year. Please see below for refund procedures.
- The PD Day Camp scheduled for June 8th has also been cancelled. While we believe the provincial government will have to provide daycare solutions to parents with the reopening of the economy, it is unlikely this will be implemented prior to the 8th. Please see below for refund procedures.
- The PD Day Camp scheduled for June 26th will not be cancelled at this point in time, however we will communicate with the families registered on June 5th, 2020 if we have to cancel this day camp also.
- We have worked hard to create a refund procedure that provides options for our families should they choose to cancel their camp registration or should we cancel a camp. We are aware of the financial struggles facing families and individuals and it is with the utmost respect for the support you have shown the Edge of Walton Community Project over the past 8 years that we offer these options:
- Refund (due to the Postponement/Cancellation of Camp by Edge of Walton) - If we cancel or postpone the camp, we will offer a full refund. If we have to cancel a portion of the camp (Little Bugs Week 1 begins in June*), full refunds for the days cancelled will be provided.
- Refund (due to Cancellation of Registration by Parent) - Effective June 5th, 2020, if a parent/guardian requests the cancellation of a camper’s registration, a $25 admin fee will be deducted from the full amount refunded to accommodate for incurred transaction fees and costs to date. This admin fee will not apply cancellation requests related to the June 26th PD Day Camp.
- Credit - We are happy to extend a credit to families for the full amount that has already been paid! This credit can be used over the next two years and is transferable by any member of that family. It can be used for any camp, program or merchandise at the Edge of Walton during those two years. Credits will be valid for the 2021 and 2022 camp seasons.
- Donation - The Edge of Walton Community Project is a registered non-profit with the Government of Ontario. While we can’t offer tax receipts, your donation to our non-profit will help us to continue programming in our community that benefits children and youth with a focus on the environment, sustainability, mental health and rekindling a love for the outdoors at reduced costs, if not free. Like every family and business, we’ve experienced financial losses this season and any support will help us to continue our services within the community.
Here are your action items:
- If your camp has been cancelled by us, please respond to this email to indicate how you would like us to proceed in regards to a refund.
- If you are planning on cancelling your child’s registration for camp, please do so by June 5th so that we can plan for staff and allocate spaces on the waitlist. Any cancellations received after June 5th will result in an admin fee deducted from the refund amount as outlined above.
Thank you for your excitement for our upcoming season, we’ve missed our campers so much this year and we cannot wait to welcome them back to camp!
The Edge of Walton Staff & Board of Directors
* We will communicate with the parents of campers attending Little Bugs Week 1 on June 5th, 2020 if we will have to cancel the first two days of camp.