Sixth Grade Bulldog Pride Newsletter
From the leadership team
We will work on a Graded Project in class on Area.After Spring Break we will begin Module 6: Statistics
Gaspard- Graded math packet. Mrs. Gaspard will be testing 7th graders for LEAP.
Monday--7th Grade Module 2 Lesson 10
Wednesday--Lesson 12 and 13
Beginning new unit: The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Magnets: how do magnets attract objects they are not touching and what objects do they attract?
Monday and Tuesday: Finish Silk Road
Monday and Tuesday: Review then test on West Africa
Wednesday-Friday: LEAP test prep
girls Health and Pe
Volleyball and Recreational Games
boys health and pe
Volleyball and Recreational Games
Students will be practicing their accuracy and speed. Lessons 4 and 5 of New Key Review will be graded (completed week before last.
- STUDENTS WILL BE WORKING ON MUSIC FOR THE END OF THE YEAR CONCERT. THEY ARE GETTING NEW MUSIC AND SHOULD BE PRACTICING THIS AT HOME.
- STUDENTS WILL ALSO CONTINUE TO WORK AND DEVELOP FUNDAMENTALS INCLUDING NEW TYPES OF MUSIC NOTATION
- Blast Band Practice from 2:30-4:00 On Tuesday. If you are not in Blast Band, You do not need to attend this practice
- THERE WILL BE NO AFTER SCHOOL BAND PRACTICE FOR 2ND/7TH FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL.
- THE BAND CONCERT IS MAY 16th IN THE LCOMS GYM@6:00 PM.
- PLEASE GET ANY BAND FEES (Instrumental fees, band fees or any candy money left over). Please try to get this done before April 29th.
Band Fundraisers this year: Try to start wrapping up chocolate sales, so we can start getting to the end of the fundraiser.
Refer to the calendar below for testing dates. As a reminder, our goal is 100% attendance every day! Also, all cell phones, Smart Watches, Fitbits, etc. are to remain home these days. If students bring electronic devices to school during testing days, the device will be picked up during testing and will be returned at at the end of the day. Thank you for your help and cooperation.
- Mon, April 8: Snowball Sale $3.00
- Tues, April 9: Domino’s Pizza Night
- Tues, April 9: 7th & 8th Grade ELA/Math State Testing
- Wed, April 10: 7th & 8th Grade ELA/Math State Testing
- Thurs, April 11: 7th & 8th Grade ELA/Math State Testing
- Fri, April 12: Spring Walk in Gym during Elective Classes Concession will be sold
- Fri, April 12: PBiS dress down $1.00
- Mon, April 15-Mon, April 22: Spring Break
- Wed, April 24: Progress Reports
- Wed, April 24: 6th grade SS/Sci Test Testing
- Thurs, April 25: 6th grade SS/Sci Test Testing
- Fri, April 26: 6th grade SS/Sci Test Testing
- Fri, April 26: Redemption Friday
- Mon, April 29: 7th & 8th grade SS/Sci State Testing
- Tues, April 30: 7th & 8th grade SS/Sci State Testing
- Wed, May 1: 7th & 8th grade SS/Sci State Testing
- Thurs, May 2: Spring Choir Concert 6:30 PM Cafeteria
- Thurs, May 2: Top Scholar 6:00 PM @ CLHS
- Thurs, May 2: State Makeup Testing
- Fri, May 2: State Makeup Testing
- Sat, May 2: BBGT
- Tues, May 7: Domino’s Pizza Night
- Wed, May 8: 5th grade Orientation-COES 8:45-10:15, NLES 10:45-12:15, SLES 1:00-2:30
- Thurs, May 9: Snowball Sale $3.00
- Thurs, May 9: 4-H Meeting @ Skinny
- Fri, May, 10: PBiS Dress Down $1.00
- Fri, May 10, Athletic Awards 1:30 PM
- Mon, May 13: Ms. Bishop’s Class Trip
- Tues, May 14: FACS cupcake Sale $2.00
- Tues, May 14: Awards Night 6:00 PM
- Thurs, May 16: Band Concert 6:00 PM
- Fri, May 17: PBiS Bash
- Tues, May 21: 8th Grade Farewell 9:00 AM-10:30 AM
- Thurs, May 23: Student’s Last Day for 2018/2019 School Year! Have a wonderful and safe summer
- Thurs, August 8: Student’s 1st day of the 2019/2020 School Year