Hospitality Team: attends once a month for a year & helps ensure guests are cared for & informed, tidy up and close up after meeting.
- First Tuesdays 5:30-8:30pm
- Third Wednesdays 5:30-8:30pm
- 3 hour shifts on Weekdays
Serve in one or more of the roles where needed:
- Greeters (1-3) -welcome people in at the front doors, make sure they get a name tag, direct them if needed
- Home Room Mom (1-4) - stays in room to make sure folks are welcomed. Helps to take care of needs (hang bags up, pull out extra chairs)
- Kitchen (1-3)- greets meal team and helps set out food, helps clean up.
- Floater (1-2) -stands in hallways to make sure people know where to go
Typically, meal teams:
- bring a meal for 30 that meets multiple dietary needs & is kid-friendly. Taco Bar & Pasta Station are extra popular & easy*. Desserts & juice boxes are a hit with kiddos.
- arrive between 5 pm and 5:30 pm with a ready-made meal to keep it warm in the oven to be ready by 5:45 pm. Some items can be cooked &/or heated up in the kitchen, but must be 100% ready by 5:45.
- serve the meal and stays to eat with us (if your group is extra large, we'd love for you to prep enough for y'all to eat with us).
- We’re extra grateful when our meal team can clean up afterward (finishing up around 7 pm), but if you are unable to stay beyond serving the meal, just let us know and we can get another crew to help.
Kids Club Volunteers
Use lessons plans to play and care for 1-8 children (per volunteer, based on age) with other kids club team members. Ability to tutor, play an instrument or other special skill is a huge plus.
Kids Club Leaders
Plan enriching activities for 5-25 children ages 0-11 & write lesson plan for volunteers to use.
Community Outreach team
- Help us spread the word about our program in the community &/or on campuses
Special Projects team
- Help where needed on special projects based on skill or availability for general labor/office work.