Everitt Middle School
Title 1 School- Parent Compact
The staff at Everitt Middle School, and the parents of students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title 1, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) agree that this compact outlines how parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the state’s high standards.
The Everitt Staff will:
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress.
- Provide parents with reasonable access to staff.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer at school.
We as parents, will support our child’s learning in the following ways:
- Monitor attendance.
- Make sure that homework is complete.
- Promote positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Stay informed about my child’s education by reading all notices from the school.
- Do my homework every day and ask for help when needed.
- Give all notices and information from the school to my parents or guardian every day.
- Strive to keep grades in all of their classrooms to C’s or better.