Strategic Plan 2017-2020
Final EC Approved 6/29/2017
Abbreviations for all PALNI staff, groups, committees, etc.
AD - Associate Director
Analytics - Analytics Admin Team
AnalyticsC - Analytics Coordinator
Board - PALNI Board of Directors
Collections - Collections Management Policy Group
CMD - Communications & Marketing Director
Devel - Development Group
DevelC - Development Coordinator
Engage- Engaging Stakeholders Committee
EC - Executive Committee
ED - Executive Director
Fulfill - Fulfillment Group
FulfillC - Fulfillment Coordinator
Info - Information Fluency Coordinators
Instructional Tech - Instructional Technology
IR - Institutional Repository
KB - Knowledge Base/License Manager Group
KB-L - Knowledge Base/License Manager Librarian
OAdmin - Office Administrator
PALNI Staff - All PALNI office staff
PALShare - PALShare Admin Team
PDAT - PALNI Digital Admin Team
RIO - Reference, Instruction, and Outreach Group
ROI - ROI/Assessment Committee
SCD - Scholarly Communications Director
Staff C&C - Staffing Capacity & Coordination Committee
Workflows - WMS Workflows
Strategic Plan 2017-2020
4 Strategic Pillars:
Strategic Initiative: Enhance deep collaboration within PALNI. [Pillar: Collaborate]
- Goal: Identify collaborative staffing opportunities and priorities to enhance services and deepen expertise.
- Goal: Explore, assess, and implement effective collaboration models to support instructional technology.
- Goal: Align professional development across PALNI groups to support collaboration initiatives.
- Goal: Develop sustainability for collaborative efforts in order to keep PALNI organizationally healthy.
- Goal: Identify necessary local and PALNI staffing requirements for sustainable PALNI collaborative initiatives.
- Goal: Identify needs for consortial contracting of consulting services to add capacity and perform a study to determine in which cases to implement.
Strategic Initiative: Support and enhance library and institutional missions. [Pillar: Assess]
- Goal: Investigate and support best practices in faculty and librarian collaboration to more effectively meet local institution and library missions and serve the campus community.
- Goal: Identify instructional technology resources and tools to support library instruction and assessment.
- Goal: Create tools and documentation for assessing libraries to better understand our impact and our stakeholders.
- Goal: Support the collection and use of analytics data for assessment and improvement of library decision making and collaborative tools, resources, and services.
- Goal: Research space design and support gathering, accessing, and interpreting assessment and analytical data to improve physical space design to enhance student learning.
Strategic Initiative: Support and strengthen libraries’ ability to communicate relevance and value to stakeholders within, among, and outside PALNI. [Pillar: Communicate]
- Goal: Create a local library marketing plan template to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Goal: Identify, develop, or advocate for relevant reports and instructions for PALNI tools to help demonstrate effectiveness, relevance, and value.
- Goal: Advocate for the value of shared staffing using data to inform stakeholders.
- Goal: Create crisis response team to support library communication to stakeholders in financial exigency situations to aid in library stability.
- Goal: Provide direction and support to promote dialog with key opinion leaders and decision-makers within the campus communities.
- Goal: Communicate evidence supporting the benefits of PALNI deep collaboration and innovation to key stakeholders to demonstrate impact to institutional missions, return on investment, and to help ensure sustainability of efforts.
Strategic Initiative: Develop resources, space, and technology [Pillar: Develop]
- Goal: Select, implement, and operationalize PALNI-wide Institutional Repository program to support the management of institutional academic output.
- Goal: Provide collaborative support for scholarly communication initiatives on campuses to enhance the generation of academic content.
- Goal: Support enhanced resource sharing opportunities for print and digital materials through applications, services, and best practices in order to ensure continued high levels of service for resource sharing.
- Goal: Build a collaborative development team within PALNI to create software, tools, and technology solutions in order to leverage in-house expertise.
- Goal: Create KB/LM documentation to facilitate best use of resources.
- Goal: Develop a shared collection management plan including but not limited to selection, acquisitions, and storage in order to best address local collection needs and expand access to resources.
- Goal: Pursue grants to increase funding to both PALNI and individual institutions.
Note: Process for Adding New Action Items Going Forward
New Action Items will develop in the relevant PALNI Groups, be sent to ED/AD, discussed with Staff, Coordinators, and EC for overlap and priority, feedback will be given to the group and the final action item will be added to the PALNI Master Strategic Plan so it is current and complete