TAIRANGI SCHOOL JOB DESCRIPTION
SCALE A TEACHER
Responsible to: Principal
Responsible for: Students
Key Relationships: Parents
Salary and conditions of employment are governed by the current provisions of the Appropriate Collective (including Deputy and Assistant Principals’ and other unit holders) Employment Agreement.
Deliver the New Zealand school curriculum in a way that is consistent with best practice, teaching and learning and informed by the principles of VAI (Voice, Agency and Identity) within a full primary context.
- Curriculum provision, planning, assessment and reporting as per school expectations.
- Development and maintenance of a safe, inclusive, flexible learning environment that reflects best practice pedagogy.
- A contribution to school culture and extra curricular activities including the lead or support of curriculum areas based on personal strengths and school needs.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with students, staff and wider community
- Complete administrative tasks punctually
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Work collaboratively with staff and within a syndicate
- Support and implement the school wide behaviour management programme
- Commitment to continued personal professional development and school wide development initiatives
- Take an active role in staff professional development
- Maintain an up to date professional portfolio
- Passion and skill for teaching in the primary years
- A lifelong learner;
- Outstanding people skills, including an “Attitude of Gratitude”;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Confident ICT user;
- Excellent organisational and classroom management skills and;
- A role model: hard working, committed to improving learning through reflective practice;
- Good sense of humour and a team player
- A commitment to supporting the School and the School Charter
- A strong connection to your own culture and heritage and an appreciation which you can apply to the diverse cultures of our community.