TAIRANGI SCHOOL JOB DESCRIPTION SCALE A TEACHER
Responsible to: Principal, Deputy Principal, Syndicate Leader
Responsible for: Students
Key Relationships: Parents, Classroom teachers, Support staff
Salary and conditions of employment are governed by the current provisions of the Appropriate Collective (including Deputy and Assistant Principals’ and other unit holders) Employment Agreement.
Deliver the New Zealand school curriculum in a way that is consistent with best practice, teaching and learning and informed by the Tairangi School Values (provided) and the Kahui Ako principles of VAI (Voice, Agency and Identity) within a full primary context.
- Communicate effectively to develop and maintain positive relationships with students, staff and the wider community.
- Apply neuroscience informed best practices when meeting the emotional, social, behavioural and academic needs of learners.
- Development and maintenance of a safe, inclusive, flexible learning environment that reflects best practice pedagogy.
- Commitment to timely application of continued personal professional development and an active role in school wide development initiatives
- Curriculum provision, planning, assessment and reporting as per expectations and timeframes.
- Work collaboratively with staff and within a syndicate
- A contribution to school culture and extra curricular activities including the lead or support of curriculum areas based on personal strengths and school needs.
- Outstanding people skills, including an “Attitude of Gratitude”.
- A strong connection to your own culture and heritage and an appreciation which you can apply to the diverse cultures of our community.
- A role model: hard working, committed to improving learning through reflective practice.
- Good sense of humour and a team player.
- Passion and skill for teaching in the primary years.
- Excellent interpersonal and technological communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and classroom management skills.
- A lifelong learner.