Photovoltaic Engineer (FR, EN)
Founded in 2007, kiloWattsol (KWS) is an independent expert specialising in solar technologies. We are convinced that solar photovoltaics (PV) is the energy of the 21st century. This smart, universal, and resilient zero-carbon energy uses both mature, and evolving technology which can be rapidly implemented.
Combining agility, technology knowledge, and a massive experience developed over more than 14,000 projects in 52 countries around the globe, KWS supports the leading solar project actors.
Today, we are looking for an innovative and committed engineer to join us in this endeavour.
Within the company’s engineering team, you will interact with the main renewable energy actors. In so doing, you will work on customised Energy Production Assessments, Technical Due Diligence reviews, and Consulting & Audit services for the incoming solar market technical, economic, and strategic issues. You will be expected to keep up with the state-of-the-art and take an active part in team-building and brainstorming sessions in order to develop innovative solutions and participate in KWS’ growth.
Join us and be part of a growing company with high potential in today’s and tomorrow's energy market!
- Manage Independent Engineering and Technical Advisory projects for financing and Merger & Acquisition transactions
- Perform technical due diligence reviews (contract reviews, design reviews, risk assessments) for top-tier lenders and PV developers, worldwide
- Produce high-quality work on disruptive technologies for the PV market supported by our solid technical team
- Create studies and reports based on customer needs (e.g. bankability studies, 360-degree analyses)
- Interact with a diverse pool of customers
- Develop an acute understanding of innovative PV technologies, systems and markets worldwide
- Ensure project deliverables meet deadlines and stay on budget
- Participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions for progress updates and activity assessments
- Work on customer relationship development
- Provide answers to Request For Proposal (RFP)
- Build trusted relationships with client stakeholders
- Provide input for business development opportunities and proposals
This position is located in Lyon, France.
Travel will be required up to 5% sporadically.
Current driver's licence required and capacity to complete necessary travel, including abroad
- Degree from Engineering School or Masters in Energy, Electrical or General engineering
- Proficiency in the use of IT tools
- Technical background with a good understanding of solar technology
- Great oral and written communication skills both in English and French
- Time management, good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks to reach project goals
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality and accurate work
- Critical thinking to solve problems, formulating inferences and making decisions
- A third language
- Knowledge in risk analysis and management
- Ability to analyse scientific publications
- Any internship or first work experience in the renewable energy technical due diligence field, in market analysis, in lender & financial advisor interactions, in PV project development or financing
Please send resume + cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org