PICL Adventure Weekend!!
Saturday and Sunday September 8 & 9 2018, Marysville PA
Student-athletes will get to engage in a variety of adventure based activities as we return to the Oesterling Farm, the site of the first ever PICL event!
We are going beyond racing and riders (and coaches) will ride their mountain bikes through trust building, team building, skill building and FUN activities all weekend long.
We can’t wait to get this rolling and are looking forward to seeing you there!
Map: 100 Country Creek Road, Marysville, PA 17053
Adventure Weekend Schedule:
5:00pm - Farm opens for Camping Arrival (register for campsite or RV spot here)
- Camping is $5/person for the weekend (1 night or 2 nights)
- Campers have their $3 parking fee waived
Saturday - Participants must check in by NOON if participating in the Adventure Ride!
9:00am-12:00pm - Reg, Check-in, and Scavenger Hunt
10:00am - Scavenger Hunt Opens
- Remains available rest of weekend
- Collect all 20+ hidden items
12:00pm - Lunch (on your own)
1:00pm - Adventure Ride Briefing - all participants and coaches to attend
1:30pm - Adventure Ride Forming
- Transformation aka Evolution
- Barn Animal
- Something True/Something False
2:00pm - Adventure Ride Rolls Out
- Strong bodies themed stops for the team on a ride around the Oesterling Farm
6:00pm - Potluck Dinner - Sign up Here!
- Let’s kick off the season and share some grub! Bring the good stuff and some chairs to hang out on around the barn.
8:30pm - Some Night Time Fun
- Get some glowing bits together and decorate your bike for a night parade with lights, glow sticks, blinkers, reflectors, etc and we'll pick our favorites!
8:00am - Breakfast (on your own)
9:00am - Check-in Biking Fun at Staging Area
10:00am - Adventure Relays (or Fun Ride/Scavenger option?
- Teams can consist of 2 to 6 riders
- Teams will register on Sunday morning
- Everyone on a team needs at least one unifying costume item. Could be something on your bike, helmet, whatever, but everyone needs to display it.
- If your costume is wearable ensure that it is safe to ride in, that you can pedal in it, and that it does not interfere with your field of vision!
- Team Handshake/Cheer - Work on one for your crew!
1:00pm - Adventure Relay Ends
1:30pm - Adventure Closing Ceremony/Goodbyes
2:00pm - Pack up
3:00pm - Farm is Closed...You Don’t Have to Go Home but You Can’t Stay Here!
Important Information for Coaches!
Coaches!! You’ll be helping out with Adventure Weekend by helping us to maintain our NICA athlete to coach ratios as everyone rolls around the farm. Adventure Weekend requires at least one level 2 coach to head out with each group and enough level 1 coaches to maintain ratios. If you need to do so, please coordinate with neighboring teams to help ensure that we are are able to attend to this important ratio!
100 Country Creek Road Marysville, PA 17053
Rules, Parking, and Notes
The Oesterlings live here all year long, and have been incredibly supportive of mountain biking on this property. Be respectful of the property and thank the Oesterlings for their hospitality and support of our sport whenever you have the chance.
The Rule is - Don’t be a jerk, choose to be awesome. That pretty much takes care of it. But there are few others...
- No Dogs - Big, little, pure, mutt we love them all, but we are not allowing them on the farm. The only dogs allowed are the family farm dogs. THIS INCLUDES EVERYONE, WHETHER YOU’RE THERE FOR JUST THE DAY OR CAMPING OUT.
- No Fires. You can bring your portable grills but no open campfires. Sometimes we get a bonfire going for your marshmallow roasting pleasure.
- No Smoking
- No Lifeguards on Duty. No Swimming.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm-7am
- Generators only operate during meal time hours
- Pack out what you pack in...Don’t Litter. Please bring garbage/recycling bags.
- We reserve the right to create and impose further rules throughout the weekend as we deem necessary to reduce incondereratedness (is that a word?) so that we can all have fun, be happy and get along.
Farm and Camping Notes:
- This is not a campground. You will be in a field on a farm. Embrace the grass, embrace the rustic! No facilities are provided beyond toilets.
- There are no Showers...we get to all be stinky together!
- If you’re bringing an RV...there’s a short steep gravel hill you have to negotiate, just so you know
- Potable water is available but limited...bring water
- Hammocks are cool and welcome and fun!
- We will supply everyone’s favorite...The Port-o-Potty! (well more than one:)
- Potluck Dinner Saturday Evening.
- You are able to arrive Friday after 5:00pm
- Check out that map link to get here!
- Parking is $3/car, which is waived if you’re camping. Camping is $5/person whether you’re here for one night or two. Both parking and camping will be collected at arrival.
- Camping is free for kids under 12
- NICA does not cover anyone riding other than student-athletes and coaches, if you are not a student-athlete or coach you can not ride on the trails in use for the NICA activities at that time.
- There is lots of space to have fun at the farm!
- Plan to bring your food for the weekend or check out the local Marysville and central PA establishments!
- Potluck on Saturday night -- be sure to sign up!
What to Bring to Adventure Weekend
- Hydration Bladder/Water Bottles
- Athletic/Cycling Clothes
- Closed Toe Shoes
- 1st Aid Kit
- Bike Repair Kit
- Spare tube (bring at least 3)
- Multi tool
- Tire lever
- Riding Gloves and Gear
- Bug/Tick repellent
- Bike, recently professionally serviced
- Helmet, properly certified, in good condition
- Food for the weekend
- Camping Equipment (if staying with us at the Farm)
- Glow Sticks
- Costumes for Relay
- Bike Lights
- Fishing rod? (catch and release at the ponds and the creek is stocked)
- Frisbees, footballs, and lawn games
LOOKING FOR THE LEAGUE EVENTS WEBPAGE? CLICK HERE!