Cristina for Texas - Finance Director
Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez’s campaign for U.S. Senate is hiring a finance director.
Texas is a huge and expensive state to run statewide in. Our campaign intends to rely on a mix of large and small donors to mount a competitive and credible effort to win the primary and general election.
Your job will be to ensure that the campaign has the resources it needs to compete and that the campaign complies with campaign finance rules.
This position is based in Austin, Texas and starts as soon as possible.
You will join the campaign’s senior leadership team in a key strategic role. We will expect you to develop the campaign’s fundraising strategy and be fully responsible for delivering on all finance projects.
Specifically, you will:
- Write and implement a fundraising plan, including setting weekly, monthly, and quarterly fundraising goals.
- Organize and, as often as is necessary, staff candidate call time.
- Write and prepare copy for event invitations, direct mail and some internet appeals.
- Plan fundraising events, including recruiting hosts, printing and mailing invitations, soliciting and acknowledging donors.
- Manage the research plan to expand donor base.
- Build and manage a finance team.
- Staff Cristina or campaign surrogates at events (this may require extensive travel)
- Supervise daily check collection, deposit, and data entry.
- Ensure that all campaign activities, including those of candidate, surrogates, staff, consultants, and volunteers, are in full compliance with the law. Review FEC reports before they are filed.
- Do whatever else it takes to win – this role will change and evolve over time, and you’ll need to be flexible and willing to take on the work we need to do to win.
Some skills, experience and attitudes we value include:
- Discipline, organization, and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both within the campaign and with the public.
- Past experience, whether in a volunteer or staff role, on a political campaign, especially on the campaign’s finance or operations team.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for small-dollar, online fundraising.
- A not-about-me attitude and willingness to pitch in on any project at any time in order to help Cristina win.
- Enthusiasm for using and learning to use productivity and remote work software like Slack, Zoom and Google Apps.
- Enthusiasm for hard work, long hours, and making the personal sacrifices it takes to be successful on an electoral campaign.
Salary for this position ranges from $5,500 - $7,000/month, commensurate with experience.
How to apply
To apply, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/6UZpJfTRsA18FtDG7