Revised November 25, 2017
FAMILY MOTOR COACH ASSOCIATION
ARTICLE I - CHAPTER NAME
The name of this not-for-profit organization shall be the Dogwood Chapter of the Family Motor Coach Association, Inc., hereinafter referred to as chapter and FMCA.
ARTICLE II - OBJECT
2. AREA: This chapter shall be authorized to function in the Eastern Area of FMCA.
3. SCOPE: This chapter will have members with a mutual interest in social functions utilizing motor homes and/or drawn primarily from Central Eastern states.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERS
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for and to maintain membership in the chapter, a person must be in good standing with FMCA, and meet the dues requirement and provisions set forth in the bylaws of this chapter.
Membership in this chapter shall not be denied any person because of race, sex, religion, color, marital or family status, age, nationality, or disability.
2. The term “family unit,” is defined as a person; his or her spouse, or partner; dependents of each, regardless of age; non-dependent grandchildren and great-grandchildren aged 18 and under.
3. The term “membership,” is defined as either a family unit or an individual or individuals owning a qualifying motor coach who share a membership number.
4. The term “member,” is defined as each adult who, jointly or individually, constitutes a membership. The voting rights of each member are defined in the description of each category.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERS
5.A member must own a qualifying motor coach (motorhome) or at least 1/3 interest in a
qualifying motor coach (motorhome) in order to vote or hold office in this chapter.
6. The term “qualifying motor coach,” is defined as a self-propelled, completely self-contained vehicle that contains all the conveniences of a home, including cooking, sleeping, and permanent sanitary facilities, and in which the driver’s area is directly accessible in a walking position from the living quarters. The terms motor coach and motorhome may be used interchangeably.
7. DUES AND FEES:
A. ANNUAL DUES: Annual payment of chapter and national dues enables persons to become active members and entitled to all rights and privileges of the chapter and FMCA. The annual dues for membership in the chapter shall be an amount as the membership shall establish.
B. RENEWAL: Renewal dues from chapter members become due and payable January 1 of each year.
C. INITIAL APPLICATION: Application for new membership shall be submitted to the Dogwood Chapter Treasurer. The first year dues are free. If the application is received prior to October 1st of the current year, the current years dues will be free. If received after October 1st, the current and following year dues will be free.
D. INITIATION FEE: New and reinstated members may be required to pay an initiation fee in an amount to be established by the chapter membership.
E. ARREARS: Any member whose dues remain unpaid for more than 30 days after becoming due shall be considered delinquent; after 90 days membership is canceled.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS
1. DUTIES OF OFFICERS: The duties of elected officers shall be as defined in the Member and Volunteer Handbook.
2. TERMS OF OFFICE: The elected officers of this chapter shall serve a two year term of office, or until their successors are elected.
3. RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
A. A member must own a qualifying motor coach (motorhome) or at least 1/3 interest in a qualifying motor coach (motorhome) in order to vote or hold office in this chapter.
B. An individual FMCA member may hold office(s) in no more than 2 chapters.
C. Individual FMCA members may hold no more than 2 offices in the same chapter.
D. Any member in good standing may be nominated from the floor for any elective office.
E. Only Full Members, Full Lifetime Members, Life Members, or Honorary Members who have advanced from one of these classes have the right to hold office in this chapter.
F. No official or member shall become vested of any right, title to, or interest in any chapter property, except as required by law.
4. EXECUTIVE BOARD:
A.The officers of the chapter shall constitute the
B. The Executive Board shall have general supervision of the affairs of the chapter between its business meetings. The Board shall be subject to the orders of the chapter, and none of its acts shall be in conflict with the chapter or FMCA.
ARTICLE V - COMMITTEES
1. APPOINTMENT: Committee members and chairperson (except Nominating Committee) shall be appointed by the president.
2. DUTIES: All committees shall function within the policies of the chapter and (except Nominating Committee) under the direction of the president. Financial reports, vouchers, and monies due the chapter shall be submitted on a timely basis.
3. QUORUM: A committee quorum shall be a Simple majority
ARTICLE VI - CHAPTER ADMINISTRATION
1. AUTHORITY: This chapter shall be democratically self-governed, deriving its existence and authority from the consent of its membership assembled in meeting or, in certain instances, by mail vote on stated propositions.
2. ORGANIZATIONAL YEAR: The fiscal and membership year of the chapter shall commence on January 1 and end on December 31.
3. CHAPTER MEETINGS:
A. TYPES: The term “meeting” shall include coach rallies, campouts, dinner meetings, and any other gatherings suitable to the function of the chapter.
B. BUSINESS MEETINGS: The chapter must hold at least 1 business meeting each membership year at which a quorum is present. Said meeting shall be duly announced in advance to the membership.
C. OFFICER ELECTION: The voting general membership is to elect chapter officers, including a president, three vice presidents), a secretary, a treasurer, a national director, and an alternate national director. .
D. QUORUM: A quorum for the transaction of business at any duly-called chapter meeting is 25% of the chapter family unit memberships or 15 family unit memberships, whichever is less. A quorum for an associate chapter shall be 25% of the chapter family unit memberships or 15 family unit memberships, whichever is less, but not less than 4.
E. VOTING: Except as specified elsewhere in these bylaws, a simple majority vote of F# and L# members in good standing and voting shall be required to approve or disapprove any matter.
The chapter has established that voting will be 1 vote for each adult member.
Balloting by mail may be undertaken when a proposed matter is voted to be of such importance or urgency that a total membership vote is advisable.
F. PARLIAMENTARY PROCESS: The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern this chapter's proceedings to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of FMCA, and the bylaws of this chapter.
ARTICLE VI - CHAPTER ADMINISTRATION
4. MAINTAINING AFFILIATION:
This chapter must maintain a minimum of 15 family unit memberships.
The chapter secretary shall furnish to the national office of FMCA, no later than December 31st each year, a membership list, a list of chapter officers, and assurance that a business meeting was held.
5. ANNUAL AUDIT: An annual audit of the chapter’s financial books and records shall be undertaken and reported to the membership.
6. APPLICATION OF NATIONAL CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS: This chapter accepts and agrees that the chapter bylaws shall conform to any mandatory requirements stipulated in the Constitution and Bylaws of FMCA.
ARTICLE VII - ELECTIONS
1. NOMINATING COMMITTEE COMPOSITION:
A. The Nominating Committee shall consist of not less than 3 chapter members in good standing, nominated by and elected by the Chapter membership every 2 years. The Chapter past President will be one of the members of the Nominating Committee if available, and will act as the Nominating Committee Chairman.
B. Election of an individual to the Nominating Committee shall not prohibit that person from being nominated for elected office.
2. NOMINATING COMMITTEE DUTIES:
Past President is not available to serve in that position.
B. To nominate candidates for the chapter offices of president, 3 vice president(s), secretary, treasurer, national director, and an alternate national director for the new term to be presented for voting by the chapter mem
ARTICLE VII – ELECTIONS
C. To obtain clear acceptance of the nominees to serve the chapter should they be elected.
D. To make certain that nominated candidates are members in good standing and qualified under applicable national and chapter bylaws.
E. To nominate candidates to fill vacancies that occur in elected chapter offices.
ARTICLE VIII - AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
1. MANDATORY AMENDMENTS: National Bylaw amendments applicable to chapter operations shall be automatically adopted by the chapter and are not subject to a vote by the chapter membership.
2. AMENDING PROCEDURE: These bylaws may be amended by a 65% affirmative vote of the members present and voting at a duly-called meeting, providing that prior notice of at least 30 days has been given of the proposition(s) to amend.
Any member of the chapter may propose amendments to the bylaws.
Approved amendments to these bylaws become effective immediately upon their adoption, or, at such time as specified in the amendment.
3. DISTRIBUTION: Copies of changes, additions, amendments, or revisions to these bylaws shall be forwarded to the national office and to the National Area Vice President.
ARTICLE IX - LIQUIDATION AND DISSOLUTION
This chapter of FMCA may be dissolved by a majority vote of chapter members. All of the remaining assets of the chapter shall be contributed to the purpose(s) for which the chapter is organized, or to a qualified non-profit charity or charities.
Changes in BOLD print EFFECTIVE: October 31, 2017