Murphy Academic Support Center
Tutoring Policies and Procedures
All peer tutors are undergraduate students. Appointments are offered as staffing allows; we may not be able to offer tutoring in all subjects due to low demand or tutor availability. If we do not have a tutor available, please ask the front desk for assistance.
- You are allowed a maximum of four (4) appointments per week (2 per subject).
- Scheduling future appointments
- We book appointments up to two weeks in advance.
- An appointment cancellation needs to be made at least 15 minutes in advance
Prior to Your Appointment
- Attend classes and attempt the assignment before coming to your tutoring session.
- Come to the session with specific questions about the assignment.
- Accept responsibility for your own academic progress.
- The tutor is not to complete the work for the tutee.
- The tutor is not held responsible for the grade in class.
- Also, be sure to bring all of the necessary materials (textbook, notes, pen/pencil, syllabus, handouts, calculator, etc).
- If you cannot keep a tutoring appointment, you should notify us as soon as possible in person or by emailing email@example.com
- If you are going to be late for an appointment, please contact us.
- Your tutor is only required to wait five (5) minutes for you, after which time you will be marked as missed.
- If you miss three (3) appointments a semester without notifying us beforehand, you will be blocked from making any more appointments until you meet with the Executive Director or Assistant Director to be unblocked.
- Any actions that violate the Student Handbook or are deemed disruptive, you may lose your tutoring privileges for the rest of the semester.