Last Revised Date: August 23, 2016
4. United States Operation. Our services are available for use, and we intend to collect information from users, only in the United States. If you are not a resident of the United States, we ask that you not provide us with any personal information.
Information Collection & Use
5. Registration; Initial Information. In order to use this Website, you must first complete the registration form and create a username and password. During the registration process, you are required to give contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
6. When Additional Information Is Collected. In general, you can browse the Website without providing us with any personal information. Once you agree to provide us with personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to use our services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information and other personal information as indicated on the forms throughout the Website. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature.
7. Financial Information. Under some circumstances, including without limitation prior to your booking services using the Website, we may require some additional financial information. We use your financial information, including credit card information, to verify the accuracy of your name, address and other information, as well as to bill you for your use of our services.
8. Tracking Information. We automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interest, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, your computer browser information, and your IP address.
9. Transaction and Feedback Information. If you choose to list jobs, bid and provide quotes or accept quotes on the Website, we collect information about your activity and behavior. We also collect other users’ comments about you in our feedback area.
10. Your Posts. If you choose to post messages on our discussion forums, Q&A boards, or leave feedback for other members (to the extent that we make such forums, boards or functionality available), we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. See “Forums” section below.
11. Correspondence File. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
12. Contests and Surveys. From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Website. If you choose to participate, we will request certain personal information, including your email address, from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information and demographic information. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and an opportunity to opt out.
13. Referral Information. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Website, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Website. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. We don’t store anything on a referral send after we have sent the one-time email. We only store their email address if they sign up.
Uses of Your Information
14. Provision of Services. We use your personal information, including your email address, to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Website to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help match the needs of Customers and Haulers; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services; inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our User Agreement; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple usernames or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
15. Marketing, Promotion and Improvement of Services. You agree that we may use personal information, including your email address, about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the Website’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Website and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Website.
16. Your Profile. The profile you create on our site will be publically accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
Communications from the Website
17. Emails. We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals and promotions, as well as a newsletter. You are signed up for these emails at registration and you may unsubscribe at any time by going to your account tab and opting out of the emails, or by following the directions to unsubscribe in the email.
18. Opt-Out. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe from each of these communications when we ask for it. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at info@WastePlace.com.
19. Notification Regarding Third Party Collection. You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party. Currently it is not our policy to make this information available to any third parties.
20. Service Announcements. We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
21. Other Emails. Based upon the personal information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your email address, username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. Email is the primary means of communication between members doing transactions on the site and you must be able to receive this information to use the Website fully.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
22. General Policy; Disclosures. As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information, including your email address, to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personal information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services.
a. Website Community: Your WastePlace username is displayed throughout the Website and is therefore available to the public. All of your activities on the Website will be identifiable to your username. Other people can see your quotes, jobs you have listed, your feedback rating and associated comments, your postings on the Website, and so on. Therefore, if you associate your name with your username, the people you have revealed your name to will be able to personally identify your WastePlace activities. If you are involved in a transaction, we have features that allow parties to the transaction to view your email address and obtain your contact information to help complete the transaction. Further, we may send out notices to you or other community members regarding suspicious activity or policy violations on the Website. To request removal of your personal information from the Website community, contact us at our contact information found below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
d. Frames: Some of our Website pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to the Website.
e. Legal Requests: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the WastePlace community from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, user history, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
24. Location-Based Services. We may collect your location-based information for the purpose of locating services or jobs that may be available in your area. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing this setting at the device level (typically under “Location Services” or “Location” in your device’s settings) or by emailing us at info@WastePlace.com.
Log Files, Tracking, Cookies and Local Storage, and Managed Advertising
25. Log File Information and Use. As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information. We also track trends in users’ usage and volume statistics to create a more efficient and usable site, and to determine areas of the site that could be improved to enhance the user experience. Log files are used on the website, and in any link to the website from an email.
26. Tracking Technologies. Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our marketing partners, affiliates, and customer support and fraud prevention service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
28. LSOs in Flash and HTML 5. We may use local storage objects and local shared objects (LSOs) in multiple formats (such as HTML5 and Flash) to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your browsing activity use LSOs to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please visit the Flash Player’s website storage settings panel.
29. Behavioral Targeting/Re-targeting. We may partner with one or more third parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by submitting an opt-out request on the TRUSTe website here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Links to Other Websites
Forums, Testimonials and Social Media
31. Forums. If you use a forum or bulletin board on the Website (to the extent we make such functionality available), you should be aware that any personal information, including your email address, you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from the WastePlace community, contact us at info@WastePlace.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
33. Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at info@WastePlace.com.
34. Social Media Connections & Features.
b. Use of Facebook Connect – New Members. Conversely, if you are not currently registered as a WastePlace user and you click on “Sign in using Facebook” you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join WastePlace. Once you register on the WastePlace site and Connect with Facebook, you will be able to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook. You have the option to disable Facebook Connect at any time by logging into your profile and clicking on “My Facebook Profile.” Further, you can edit privacy settings for the reviews that appear on Facebook or disconnect this service by visiting the Facebook Application Settings page.
Access to Personal Information
35. Changes to Your Information. If your personal information, including your email address, changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on our member Account page or by contacting our Customer Operations team at WastePlace Member Support. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
36. Retention of Information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at info@WastePlace.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
37. Use of SSL. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
38. No Guarantees. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information, including your email address, submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
39. Transitions. In the event WastePlace goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information, including your email address, will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.