Tairangi School Procedure Statement
ORAL LANGUAGE NAG 1 Curriculum
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- Teachers will regularly model correct oral language structures within the context of all curriculum areas and school programmes.
- Teachers will plan and provide interesting and meaningful contexts that will challenge children to listen and use language appropriately.
- Teachers will demonstrate and model a variety of oral genre.
- Teachers will monitor both formally and informally, children’s oral language development.
- All achievement objectives and essential skills in the English curriculum that relate to oral language will be broken down into learning outcomes by teachers and covered at each level each year.
- Teachers will identify children who could be at risk and seek appropriate assistance.
File:orallang1.doc Procedure Statement - Oral Language